“Food cooked with passion!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mirage Steak Restaurant

Mirage Steak Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 254 Restaurants in Ilford
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Upminster, United Kingdom
“Food cooked with passion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

You can clearly see that the chef loves his job as it is reflected in the excellent food that they serve.

Cannot fault any of it, could have done with more seasoning here and there but other than that excellent.

Traditionally made and done well, some times a bit old fashioned, however, it's what you want on a cold evening!

Highly recommended.

Ilford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The food was delicious and the portions were very large. I had a fillet steak, thinking that fillets are normally quite small, but it was too big for me to finish (and I have a healthy appetite). This was the down side as I hate food being wasted. I would definitely go back but would choose something else from the menu.

• Visited January 2014
Ilford, United Kingdom
“Made my son's 18 even more special!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Been to Mirage a few times but not for a few years.When my son turned 18 wanted a nice restaurant with a friendly atmosphere, and Mirage did not let us down.
I had 23 people due to come and had to keep ringing to increase the numbers and Jason was really helpful.I was allowed to bring a cake (some restaurants do not ) and to decorate the tables before hand.
They were patient as people arrived a little late and although once we were all there took a while to serve the bread and starters they were really busy and did bring lots of bread out and the starters were all brought out at once .The main courses were huge and everyone was very full and satisfied ,saying the food was lovely.They were so friendly and ensured everyone had a wonderful night

• Visited January 2014
London
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have eaten here many times. There is a very old sweet man (owner?) and my uncle happens to be his doctor so when we go with him we are treated very well. When I have been on my own the service has been sketchy and I've noticed they are superrrrr nice to people whom they seem to know.

I haven't really enjoyed the 'grills' such as lamb kebab and various chicken peices dishes with rice, but the last time I went I had a steak which I would say is one of the best I've ever tasted. The houmous and Aubergine starter I dream of! Stunning. Cannot wait to go back for these things. Go for the steak!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Manisha P
London, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Taken here by friends and I have to say a steak restaurant would not be my first choice........however I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The food was spot on, the service friendly and first class. There was even live music, 'Old School' and by the end of the night everyone was up bopping away. ........this is a great place to come in a group.

• Visited December 2013