“Disappointing 2nd visit”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Attended Mirage for my daughters 21st birthday with family. Had lovely meal and experience and left fantastic review.
Went for dinner last week with daughters and husband and had a very different experience.
I arrived with my daughters 15 mins before husband and in that time I was asked 4 times if we wanted to order, despite explaining that we were waiting for anoither guest. Ordered drinks, but waiters still asked. Couldnt understand why as there were only four tables occupied.
Husband arrived and we ordered starters and mains. Starters arrived and as prawns looked lovely, my daughter, who hadnt ordered a starter decided to have the same. She ordered and when it arrived it was served with hardly any sauce as opposed to my husbands that had
a plateful.
We all ordered mixed kebab for a main and sides of lyonaise potatoes. When the sides arrived I was surprised to see two portions that were in a divided dish and were very small portions and not enough. I ordered two more and they arrived in a bigger divided dish and much more in quantity. They also did not seem as nice as last time when we all raved about them.
Really missed the father and son owners as the restaurant seemed cold and unfriendly without them.
One last comment was that when my five year old grandaughter was served with a lemonade to which she said thank you, the waiter said to her that he was waiting for her to say something, as he obviously not heard her, she said thank you again. But I found it strange for him to say that.
I think that the waiters must not hover round the tables when they are not busy as it made us feel a bit rushed.

1  Thank Liverpoollass59
There are newer reviews for Mirage Steak Restaurant

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We have been going here for years,as have our children and now our grandchildren.We have also introduced many friends,not once has anybody complained and all bar none have returned.The food is first class particularly the steaks,the atmosphere is warm and friendly and the proprietors are genuine people,if you were to have a problem it would be dealt with immediately to your satisfaction.We are regular customers and if the person who left the bad review(competitor we suspect)wanted authentic turkish food why did they order an english sunday roast?

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to the Mirage for 15 years now and have never had a bad meal. The restaurant is family run and they recognise good customer service and know how to keep you loyal. I don't know where they get their meat but it is out of this world! The prIces have increased over the years so it's no longer a cheap night out but I think the quality of the food is worth it!

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

excellent atmosphere which matches the cuisine. Fab steaks and kebabs. The chicken princess is yum and the wines are good.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have been going to the Mirage for over 15 years and it's the same family run restaurant with really great food that it has always been. It is a very popular place so can get noisy but the service is very good and the portions of food are very large and excellent value.