“Really excellent food....Underfloor Koi Carp? !!! Yes, Really!”
Review of Kukus Nest - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kukus Nest
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I haven't ever said this about any local restaurant but this place is absolutely excellent in every respect. It would be 'book 3 months ahead' if it was in the West End!
I drove a 20 mile round trip for my last visit and it really was worth it.
For starters we had Fish Pakora and Prawn Puri. The pakoras were crisp and fish NOT overcooked and the puri was loaded with pramns in a juicy sauce.
For main course a share-up! Mixed Grill Starter, all grilled to perfection and then the Punjabi Lamb Curry. Even the rice tasted 'just out the steamer'.
Then for pud.... Rasmali, my favourite.
Lovely friendly service and a reasonable bill. All in all it's gotta become a regular place for me, long drive or not, gotta be done!
The place was full of local Asian diners including one couple with his Mother-in-law! Says it all really! I am a cockney geeze who has been eating curry for 40 years but this Anglo-Indian food is a winner. I will write em up, because they deserve it.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times! They have a really nice restaurant with a fish tank on the floor! And up stairs the bar area is fantastic really modern. Most weekends there is a live DJ! Love it!

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Lovely decor and good food, a mix of European and Indian. The floor is made of glass and there are fish swimming under your feet. Fairly busy with a good ambiance.
We sat down and ordererd before 7pm expecting the early bird discount of 20%, but we were told at the end it was if you had finished eating and had got your bill by 7pm. (Is this misleading? at time of writing they promised to change their wording).

4  Thank LONDONCABDRIVER