“highly reccomend a visit”
Review of Don Pietro - CLOSED

Don Pietro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Good food (steak was fab) and service great, had a fab evening the reason i feel need to review is i generally choose where i eat based on reviews so, my review is a thumbs up enjoy guys!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Simply awful. Wine was warm. Food dull and boring. Had to wait 1 hour 20 mins or so for food to arrive. Did I say that when it did arrive it was dull and boring? When I asked why the food was so late I was first told that the pizza ovens weren't working? Eh? I didnt order pizza. Then half an hour later I was informed that the chef had had an accident in the kitchen but he was ok now? Eh?............

Then, to cap it all. I was informed that I couldnt pay by card and it was cash only. No-one thought to mention it at the beginning of the, what turned out to be, very long evening.

The overall experience was so bad it was actually amusing. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

3  Thank Donald M
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went to this restaurant with my Fiancée for an evening meal and we chose it due to being the highest recommended Italian restaurant close to Stratford and in the top 10 on trip advisor around Ilford,

Starters : The calamari was cooked correctly, presented well not chewy and tasted great.

Mains : I decided on the steak with diane sauce which was cooked perfectly to my liking of medium rare and had plenty of sauce to use throughout the main course, my other half had a pasta dish (apologies cannot remember the exact one) and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Desert : Great selection of deserts and decided on a slice of red velvet cake which went down very quickly!

Overall : Highly recommended with brilliant portion sizes for the money and great freindly staff to boot

Reviewed June 6, 2014

After an hour and forty minutes waiting for ANY food, and numerous requests for an approximate arrival time, we decided to call it a day and leave. No apologies were given and any business worth its weight would have offered to waive the three soft drinks and two alcoholic drinks we had received. Appalling service.

3  Thank 126KMH5
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I'm glad I found this lovely place, especially as I was supposed to go somewhere else, luckily I couldn't find it but ended up here instead! The staff were friendly, including the manager who took his time to come and make sure everything was okay, and then again as I was leaving. The food was cooked beautifully and how Italian food should be cooked and the flavours were so good! Atmosphere was great, and overall would definitely come here again. In fact I'm already looking to have a meal out with family here.