“OUTSTANDING RESTURANT -THANK YOU TRIPADVISOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shinwari

Shinwari
Ranked #83 of 259 Restaurants in Ilford
Cuisines: Persian, Afghani, Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING RESTURANT -THANK YOU TRIPADVISOR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I visited SHINWARI after reviewing the comments on tripadvisor, and loved the place. Its truly authentic and food is finger licking. I know the meat and the quality they are using is the best available in the market, which is evident from the taste. I will not write much but just "KEEP IT UP , YOU ARE THE BEST "............my family especially children loved the food and we will be going there again. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED

• Visited August 2012

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good starters but let down by the mains.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I visited here after a recommendation from a cousin who was a regular diner at this place. The layout of the restaurant was really unique with several raised carpeted floored areas, with comfy cushions in a tent like area.

There was around 6 of us and we loved the whole sit down on the floor experience. I'm pretty sure there are options to sit on chairs if your not comfortable with the traditional sit down and have your meal experience.

Service was excellent and the waitress who looked after us was very attentive. The starters were really tasty, filled with subtle spice flavours. Its not to spicy but at the same time not to bland. Our favourite dish which could easily be a mains was the chapali kebab. This is probably the main reason why we would consider going back as the rest wasn't the best. Unfortunately the mains were a little bit of a let down. We ordered a mix of mains but were left rather disappointed. One of the curry dishes was a little oily and I have had better qabil pilau at other places. The nan was very tasty so overall, I'd say this place is average.

They offered us complimentary Afghani tea (kawa) which was really nice. If you like mint tea then I would definitely recommend Afghani tea.

• Visited July 2012
London
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I visited here after a recommendation from a relative stating how good the food was. The layout of the restaurant was good with several raised carpeted floored areas along with cushions. Unfortunately our group (there were seven of us) got the table by the kitchen/toilet which meant that we had little privacy due to people going in and out of the kitchen/toilet. As it was during Ramadan when I visited the restaurant offered free iftar which consisted of fresh fruits (banana, apples and grapes), dates and pakoras which was a nice touch. For our meals we ordered chappali kabab which was very tasty and well made, chicken karahi which was very soft and tender and very nice and kabuli pulow which was average nothing too special. Naan, salad and chutneys were also provided with the food. Food was okay nothing extra ordinary. If you plan to visit come early as it can get very busy.

• Visited August 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Enjoyable and tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

A Pakistani colleague was excited to take me here as he claims it served authentic food for northern Pakistan. You have the option of sitting on a raised carpeted floor with cushions, in on of the several 'tents', or at conventional table and chairs. The food was very tasty, filled with subtle spice flavours. The lamb patty appetizer had a wonderful exterior crust and was so flavorful, you really didn't need any of the provided condiments. We also sampled various other lamb and rice dishes that were also very good. Be advised that all food is cooked to order and takes at least 30min to prepare. Don't go expecting a quick meal! Also, no alcohol is served, but try the refreshing mango lassi.

London, United Kingdom
“SHINWARI - TRUE PICTURE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

I visited shinwari and read the reviews on trtipadvisor before going there. It was exactly what was written in the reviews..rather much batter than that. I will grade it as TRULY TRADITIONAL IN STYLE & FOOD QULAITY. It reminded me of Afghanistan, i really felt as if i am in my country. Staff is really helpful and floor seating is well arranged. SUGGESTION: Although there was a capacity of over 100 people BUT They should expand the size or open another branch as there were a lot of people waiting for there turn.
WELL DONE FOR QUALITY OF FOOD , EXCELLENT SERVICE & OUTSTANDING DECO. I will be coming regularly now.

• Visited June 2012