“Good value for very helpful staff”
Review of Best Inn Hotel

Best Inn Hotel
Ranked #12 of 16 Ilford B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 25, 2014

It very good location ,very economical and no hidden charges not even when I had to receive and print my fax. But not the 7 star hotel as some would like it to be for the economy price 100 per cent value for money.

Room Tip: Room facing the back have a beautiful. Garden view if you driving make sure you reserve the parkin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mercmileuk

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I urge anyone that is considering to stay here to please, back away.

Me and my friend live local to the hotel and arrived at 2am as we had lost our house keys and needed a place to stay for the night. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRID. THE BED WAS ITCHY AND DIRTY. THE BED STANK LIKE SEWAGE AND THERE WAS A NASTY ODOUR IN THE ROOM. It was clear that this hotel does not employ cleaners. The bed must have been infested with bed bugs or some sort, we didnt even sleep inside the bed- just on top of it with out coats underneath to protect us from the bites. We literally had to sleep with towels wrapped around our faces. On arrival there was a homeless drug user arguing with the receptionist regarding some kind of payment. We felt very un-safe and dirty in this hotel. Everything from the carpet to the ceiling was covered in muck. PLEASE I BEG ANYONE WHO WANTS A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I really wish we slept under a bridge instead of choosing this place. I really dont know how this hotel hasnt been closed down. Nothing like the pictures. The smelly itchy bed is enough for me to next time sleep in the local station.

2  Thank Lokita_mscakes
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting, run down, smelly dirty place.. I wouldn't leave a pet in this place that would be cruel!!!

THE RECEPTION (if you can call it that)

The unfriendly man at front desk was very abrupt and could have been A LOT more polite, also he owed us £10 change which we had to ask for and he slowly retrieved it from his pocket... Didn't spot a till at the worn out front desk!

THE ROOM

I have never in my life seen such a dirty, smelly and generally rotten room I felt like throwing up.

1. The bed sheets seemed to be clean but had stains on them and were not fit for any person to cover with, that in itself would embarrass me if I was the manager.
2. The carpet, shelf that was hanging off, and the curtains were filthy.
3. There was lipstick smudged on the mirror.
4. None of the side lights or bathroom mirror light worked.
5. The fabulous manky worn chair that was shoved in the corner was very stained.
6. The bin was so dirty I would have been scared to actually put rubbish in there.
7. The curtains were to small for the window???
8. There was scum and mould in the bathroom... Also dried urine around the bottom of the loo.
9. The shower had NOT been cleaned and actually made me heave to look at it.
10. The towels left out were stained and just disgusting.
11. The fire exit was locked with NO handle (very safe)
12.Now this is the biggie....
THERE WAS BLOOD ON THE TOILET SEAT... YES BLOOD!!! I cannot explain how this made me feel or repeat the words I used, this topped it off.

Please, DO NOT use this hotel, it was noisy, dirty as I've stated and I'm sure it's being run as something I can't mention on here.
As you pay the very unhelpful man at the front he offers breakfast (free of charge) I wouldn't feed an animal food from that place and I can't even imagine what state the kitchen must be in. It's an absolute joke... 4 Star??? this hotel needs closing down and the kind gentleman needs a customer service course!

3  Thank Emmie373
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Arrived to a less than happy reception and the room was very dusty in places. I dont expect much for 60 pounds for the night but I do expect a good night sleep. All I could hear all night was banging and noice through the paper thin walls and ceilings. The Shower was warm and the water barely dribbled out the head. The breakfast was also of a VERY low standard and since when do you serve instant coffee in a teapot. This place has a 4 star AA rating which I can only assume is from 30 years ago or they bought it from a car boot sale. Stay well away from this one!

1  Thank bazultra
Reviewed May 1, 2014

DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO STAY HERE.This filthy hell hole appears to be a refugee camp. The bathroom smelled strongly of urine and I stuck to the floor, thank goodness I took flip flops, which have now been washed. The shower was filthy as was the bathmat, which was wet with someone else's footprints in it. No tea making facilities, loud noisy guests, music all night, no curtains only a filthy blind, I was worried I could be seen through it. The pillows were stained, but the sheets clean, the towels, however, appeared to have dirty handprints on them. The doorbell rang all night and to cap it all the walls were paper thin as I was treated to the couple next door having sex at 3am, sounded like it was in the same room. A nightmare, I didn't sleep at all. I left early next morning never to return. Without a shadow of a doubt the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay. I would recommend the car or alternatively the local psychiatric hospital up the road, probably quieter and you may get some drugs to help you sleep.Environmental health need to close this down. The previous photos do not even come close.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. I did not feel safe as a female travelling on a business trip.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank 635discerning
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is abs horrible somebody should go and shut it down, I arrived there I received a key to a room that did not even have a lock, so why the key?
the furniture was dirty, the toilet was dirty with hairs everywhere, shower abs dirty, pillows were yellow, the curtains were dirty. More to this outside was a drunk man just hanging around between the cars, inside at the reception area were some strange men smelling of alcohol in the middle of the day just chatting, doing nothing, speaking in a different language and looking very angry.
I would never recommend, the smell the people everything.
The area as well looks a bit dodgy and dirty so even if you think you will not spend as much money better be safe and go somewhere a bit more expensive.
Pictures online are nothing like the reality.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Westminster
The Waldorf Hilton London
#339 of 1,077 in London
The Barn Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ruislip

Been to Best Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!