“not the Best Inn!”

and 1 more site!
Best Inn Hotel
Ranked #12 of 15 Ilford B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I was asked to pay on arrival, I wish I'd have refused until I'd seen the room. It was dirty, dusty and smelt of mould. The carpet was filthy. The sheets were clean but the mattress underneath was stained as was the quilt. The curtains didn't fit properly and the net curtains had holes in. There was a used condom in the floor. I went to reception to say that I wasn't happy with the state of the room and he came up with a dustpan and brush, he didn't have a very good understanding of English. The shower was mouldy and had low pressure, the water was cold in the evening when we were getting ready to go out. Didn't bother going down for breakfast as I didn't fancy eating anything from there. Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in. I think the photos they use must be old. They still have the AA 4 star plaque outside, I think if it was current they would struggle to achieve 1 star.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nic0la2oo5

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

When we got in to our room was shocked what we saw........first of all used condom on the floor we informed the manager he just came in to the room and put it in the bin no apology or anything like he was used to complaints, room had a mouldy smell, carpet was vile didnt even walk on it with bare feet, shower had mould all round it,no hot water to shower ,sink was leaking water on to bathroom floor,holes in net curtain, shelf hanging off the wall, staff were useless didn't understand English, noisy corridor at night with doors slamming need I say more definitely would not recommend this place to anyone and would never ever stay there again if it was the last place in ilford

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H8to
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in October. I was disappointed with the room. It was congested, and the carpet smelt of damp. The bathroom was small and the shower was even smaller! To make things worse there was hardly any water pressure in the shower.
There was no room service offered in our 4 day stay. I had to specifically ask for towels and someone kindly came to hand them over in the room. However when I decided to use one of them I noticed black dirt stains on it. There is no coffee making facility in the room either.
Breakfast was okay but I will not go there again personally.
In summary it is not worth your money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RZACH2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our room was the room from hell! it was dirty and smelly. The blinds on the windows did not close properly and were filthy, as our room looked over a main road we were aware we could be seen from outside as there were no curtains. The carpet was heavily stained to the point you stuck to it. The small en suite was dirty, scared to use the shower as the tray was heavily stained and had another persons hair in it. Even toiletries were left from the previous customer.The pillows on the bed were un usable so stained and smelly we could not use them. The worst thing for us was having to go down a flight of stairs and boil a kettle for tea and coffee this was offered in polestrene cups the fridge was old and dirty very wary about using the milk.As we stayed 2 nights,we could not leave as payment was taken upfront the bed was not made on the second day nor was the room cleaned. I would strongly recommend you do not visit this hotel if you are on a break as the hotel appears to offer rooms to the short term homeless as well.

Room Tip: Dont go there
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed September 26, 2013

the rooms are rotten,
the bedroom furniture is ancient,
the bathroom is mingling,
the window sills and window frames are little rely rotting away,
the breakfast is poor, they don't serve bacon, but they serve sausage, so what the hell is in the sausage as they don't serve pork in this hotel
the female cook was late twice on the run and just laughed it off as if it wasn't her concern
no tea facility in the room, you have to use a corridor by reception with polystyrene cups
the telly is a portable about 20 inch and about 20 years old
the place has an unpleasant odour, it basically stinks
and the coup de gras was a mouse trap on my window !!

Room Tip: stay away,, unless you are a contractor roughing it, give this place a wide birth !!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BenimarCol
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Booked double room for £60 the bed could barely be called a double with hardly any room for two people. The place was smelly, dust everywhere, bathroom was mouldy and looked like it hadnt been cleaned for a long time, room felt like entering a time warp with the most disgusting decor I have ever seen. They had an old style TV which did not work and no freeview box, Staff on the front desk were very rude speaking in another language and looking very disheveled.Best thing about this place was leaving it..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ALife7
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Disgusted, money wasted, sleepless nights, smelly, felt like living in a slums of india, receptionist don't speak english, and very rude, dirty rooms, carpet and bed was a death bed please dnt waste ur money here. This hotel shouldn't be on trip advisor shud b on worst hotels in london.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Malikmali
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Best Western Greater London Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
#2 of 14 in Ilford
Travelodge London Ilford
Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park

Been to Best Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!