We were pleased with our room although the bathroom was a little bit grubby, nothing awful and the reception staff were helpful and pleasant. So our evening there was a pleasant experience. However BREAKFAST left us with a very unpleasant taste in the mouth so to speak. We were greeted by a woman who barred our way into the breakfast room, shouting "Breakfast slip" at first I could not understand her because she had a strong accent. She did not appear to speak English but then argued with a colleague about our breakfast slip. She said we would have to find it... however, the receptionist confirmed that we had paid for breakfast. The breakfast was fairly sparce, and the cooked breakfast appeared to have been cooked a while ago, including the eggs which were in a warming tray. The choice appeared to be stewed tea and coffee, two croissants and cereal apart from the cooked display. The room was long and narrow and glaringly bright with two large screen t.v.s at each end of the room each playing the same channel, but the second one a few seconds behind the first, since it displayed subtitles in English which the Breakfast slip maid was watching, when she wasnt scrutinising us - presumably so we did not take too much of our fair share. It was a truley horrible experience - which was a pity because the rooms were nice and the other staff tried to make us welcome - but Breakfast slip remains as a nasty memory!!! as does breakfast room !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ilford Hotel is situated in the heart of ILFORD Town Centre. A brand new Hotel built to truly international standards. The Best Western Ilford Hotel has "Premier Quality" Rooms all en-suite with power showers and some with baths. Stylish setting with spacious air conditioned reception and lounge. All rooms with high speed internet access, state of the art Media Hub rooms & multi-media facilities that are very rare in UK. The Best Western Ilford Hotel is very close to major attractions, we are 20 mins away from Central London via (Tube/Rail), 10 mins away from Olympic Village and stratford station (Car/Taxi/Bus)15 mins away from Liverpool Street train station, 10 mins away from London City Airport and 20 mins away from London Stansted Airport, 1 min away from British Rail (ILFORD station) (walking), 5 min away from historically famous Ilford golf club (walking), 10 min away from Excel Exhibition centre (Car/Taxi/Bus), 10 min away from O2 Arena. (Car/Taxi/Bus), 1 min away from ILFORD Town centre and Exchange shopping plaza. (walking) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your BEST WESTERN London Ilford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ilford Hotel Ilford
- BEST WESTERN London Ilford Hotel Essex