“Just what we needed!!”

Best Western London Ilford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to use as a base for our trip into london! Reception staff were very friendly, even loaning us a brolly for the day. Room is small but clean and has everything you need. Situated literally round the corner from ilford station where with only 2 changes on tube you can be in central london in half hr max. Breakkie was a bit lack lustre but filled a hole. Will definitely stay here again as a base.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Thanks to a healthy dose of apathy, I have never written a review on tripadvisor before. However, thanks to my experience at the Best Western in Ilford I have been moved to write one.

I booked this hotel at the last minute. This hotel is in Ilford, which is one of the worst suburbs of London. It is not a pleasant area to stay in and can even feel a little threatening at night. It is not near the centre, but trains can take you into Liverpool street in about 20mins. It is in an area full of low grade hotels.

I was put in a room across the road in a new annex. My room was in the basement, with virtually no natural light. There was a thin blind to cover the door, which did very little to shut out the bright lights from the corridor. It was mid summer and warm when I stayed at the hotel and the room was absolutely boiling, with no AC or fan. The hotel is used as a base for 24 hour highway maintenance workers and other tradesmen. They constantly entered the annex and my corridor throughout the night. Needless to say I got no sleep.

I requested a change of room the following day. This was arranged. The reception staff were ok and did this without fuss, but they really should not have put me into a virtually unihabitable room in the first place. The second room was in the same building as the reception. It was small and cramped and also boiling. The window could only open about 2 centremetres and there were no fans in reception. At least I was not kept awake by the tradesmen.

I am a professional from the UK and am pretty tolerant of discomfort having travelled extensively in the past and stayed at numerous hotels around the globe. This includes some real dumps. Quite simply, this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. It is very puzzling how any one can rate this hotel positively. As I assume that everyone writing reviews about this hotel on Tripadviser is honest and upstanding I can only deduce that they must have extremely low expectations. I also have no idea why Best Western have put their name against this place. London is full of dodgy hotels and dodgy review. However, I would very strongly advise anyone to look at other options before booking this hotel. Although they offer false rates, when you wake bleary eyed the next day, you will realise that it is a false economy. Spend a little more if need be to at least get a good nights sleep!

Al

Room Tip: If you really must stay here, avoid the basement rooms in the annex.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alwayshappyboy
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was bit confused before I arrived this hotel but I was very satisfied when I left this hotel. This is the best hotel to stay even with kids. There are lots of takeaway and restaurants around this hotel so you can taste something different everyday. Hotel staff is very helpful. It could be hot at night but fans available to overcome this issue.
Mohammad Qureshi - Room 51

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Moque12
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Mr Qureshi ,

Thank you very much for your time and we will see you soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for London sightseeing with my family. This is hotel is close all amenities like takeaways, decent restaurants and small shopping center. Its a Great Hotel to Stay, Excellent Service from Staff and good value for money. I had seen bad reviews about this hotel but when I contacted hotel management before I arrived they assured me everything I was worried about.
Summer is the peak time for any hotel to make money and it would be nice if they make hotel room much cooler when its hot. Hotel staff did provide me Fan which help a lot at night. So yeh its a good hotel to stay with kids and etc.

Mohammad Qureshi - Room 51

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr Qureshi,

Thank you very much for your time. We do value your feedback.

I am glad to know that the hotel location suited your needs. Indeed we are situated within few minutes from the high street and Ilford Station.

Glad to know that the service was up to your expectations and we did not disappoint you.

Hope to see you and your lovely family in the nearest future!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I regularly stay in hotels across the country on business. Staying in a hotel on business is a completely different experience to staying in a hotel for leisure. Because I am away for long periods of time, I look for hotels that are clean, warm and comfortable with internet access , but most importantly, it is the staff that make the real difference to a hotel. At Best Western Ilford, you will always find professional staff who are pleasant, polite, immaculately dressed and always willing to go that extra mile to make your stay with them a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
Best Western Ilford offers extremely good value for money. The rooms are always clean, tidy and fresh when you check in with the added bonus of free car parking.
The railway station is a couple of minutes walk away with a regular service to Central London. There is a large shopping mall located within a minute or so walk and a variety of restaurants and take away food outlets to cater for most tastes.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Best Western at Ilford and please be reassured Sasha and her staff will make your stay a pleasant and memorable experience, as they always do when I stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Porl3
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review!

I was touched by your compliments to the staff. We do try our best and put our hearts and souls into the service and looks like we have reached our aim with you. I will definitely pass the message of praise to the entire hotel team.

I am glad to know that you find accommodation in our hotel of you money worth and looking forward to welcoming you again in the nearest future.

Thanks again!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

staying in this hotel for 2 days very friendly staff which is always ready to help and assist you, nice and clean rooms, very pleasant atmosphere in the hotel, many places in the proximity of hotel location.
Best hotel and staff!!:)

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Vanesa,

Thank you very much for a very nice review!

I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Nice to know that the service and accommodation met your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel in future!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My title says it all really - the Best Western Ilford is nice and cheap cheap, with the general standard being good, however the walls are paper thin so you can hear next door's TV/talking, and the rooms are unbearably hot to be in never mind sleep in!

In addition, whilst I said the general standard is good, there were a couple of niggles such as a broken shower door and slow WiFi that showed a bit more care and attention is needed at this establishment. The staff are helpful and we had no issues with them. If it weren't for the heat and noise would probably have given it 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
I am glad to know that you still found our hotel of a good standard despite the issues with Internet and noise. Please let me reassure you that we do have different rooms available and some of them at the back of the building for the light sleepers like yourself. Please do let the reception know and they will allocate one for you next time you are in the area.

I have noted your concern in regards with the shower door problem. The issue has been fixed and I will personally make sure it is not going to happen again.

Looking forward to meeting you soon in BEST WESTERN Ilford Hotel.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Best Western Greater London Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel
#2 of 14 in Ilford
Signature Hotel London - Ilford

Been to Best Western London Ilford Hotel? Share your experiences!