I have just returned from staying here for 5 nights whilst on a training course with a colleague.
Firstly check-in- We checked in at about 21.00 on a Sunday evening and it was effortless, both of us (two rooms) done within 5 minutes by a friendly receptionist.
Now the room (room 9)- My room was tiny, supposed to be a double. Although it had a double bed in it, there is no way on earth that two people would be able to stay in that room comfortably. The bed was so close to the wall one side that if a second person tried to get in, they would have burnt their legs on the heater as this was only about 8 inches from the bed. The room was very clean and it offered good facilities (TV, tea & coffee, Hair dryer, Audio visual connections plus WiFi and LAN). One small complaint on facilities is that it only had 3 hangers on a hanging rail and no wardrobe. The bathroom was hard work, I'm 6`6" and I could have probably washed my feet in the shower whilst sat on the loo. The hand basin was practically unusable as it was tiny and there was a glass shelf above, which was almost the same size. The shower cubicle was a struggle too, but I'm not the smallest of guys.
The noise was a bit of an issue as I could quite easily hear my neighbouring rooms conversations and from the room above I was treated to the soundtrack of their bedroom gymnastics.
Breakfast - The quality and selection of the food was great, apart from NO BACON, what Full English is complete without bacon?. The dining hall staff were great, helpful and attentive every morning greeting you with a smile.
Parking - There are only space for 11 cars but there are 35 rooms, this is compensated by an overspill car park in the next street which you obtain a permit from reception to use.
Location and local area - This hotel is in a quiet side street just a few minutes walk from Ilford station with regular services to Liverpool St & Stratford. It is also a couple of minutes from the main shopping area which has a range of high street shops along with some restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend The Great Spoon of Ilford which is a JD Weatherspoon pub which serves very reasonable food at a great price and cheap beer.
My colleagues room was slightly bigger than mine but he still had noise issues.
My overall impression of this hotel is - It's a clean tidy hotel with great staff. If you are on business it's ideal but I would not really recommend it for a holiday stay unless you had specific reasons for being in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ilford Hotel is situated in the heart of ILFORD Town Centre. A brand new Hotel built to truly international standards. The Best Western Ilford Hotel has "Premier Quality" Rooms all en-suite with power showers and some with baths. Stylish setting with spacious air conditioned reception and lounge. All rooms with high speed internet access, state of the art Media Hub rooms & multi-media facilities that are very rare in UK. The Best Western Ilford Hotel is very close to major attractions, we are 20 mins away from Central London via (Tube/Rail), 10 mins away from Olympic Village and stratford station (Car/Taxi/Bus)15 mins away from Liverpool Street train station, 10 mins away from London City Airport and 20 mins away from London Stansted Airport, 1 min away from British Rail (ILFORD station) (walking), 5 min away from historically famous Ilford golf club (walking), 10 min away from Excel Exhibition centre (Car/Taxi/Bus), 10 min away from O2 Arena. (Car/Taxi/Bus), 1 min away from ILFORD Town centre and Exchange shopping plaza. (walking) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN London Ilford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ilford Hotel Ilford
- BEST WESTERN London Ilford Hotel Essex