Best Western London Ilford Hotel
Banks Hotel(Ilford)
$58
$49
Agoda.com
Best Western Greater London Hotel(Ilford)(Great Value!)
$70
Travelocity
$64
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
All reviewstrain stationexecutive suitewestern hotelsacross the roadthe ground floormain buildingfull englishbreakfast staffbreakfast roomfew minutes walka couple of minutesexcellent breakfastfree car parkinghotel is situatedyogurthigh streettown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here on Friday night, I arrived at 11am parked no problem and was able to check in a room without fuss. Rooms are small but the whole hotel is clean and tidy. The breakfast in the morning was fine and the staff all helpfull and polite. All in all if you need to be near London withoutr being in the centre this is ideal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Best Western London Ilford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback. It is really appreciated.

We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and we will see you soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The location of the hotel near Ilford town centre and the station is very good in a reasonably quiet side road, but the hotel has a few minus points, firstly the car parking available is totally inadequate for the number of rooms the hotel has. Reception and check in was swift and friendly but the room was ridiculously small with the bed pushed up against the wall you could barely walk between the bed and the writing desk or wardrobe. The bathroom was well equipped but again on the small size with a tiny shower cubicle. I cannot even begin to think what was used to construct the internal walls which seemed designed to transmit as much noise from one room to another as possible, or even the sound of people walking and talking in the corridors.
The breakfast was a good traditional English fry up but with turkey rashers instead of real bacon with the girks working there attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank HairyO

Dear Hairy,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is nice to know that you enjoyed breakfast and service provided.

I have noted your concern on the parking problem and room size. However I am happy to let you know that we have added 17 additional parking spaces and they are within 2 min walk from the hotel.

In regards to the to the room size I would like to reassure you that different room sizes are available in our hotel and next time if you feel that the bedroom is a bit small please contact reception team and they will do their best and change the room on a bigger one for you.

I sincerely hope we will see you again in future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great location for access to Downtown London. Free parking right in front was definitely a great feature. It's around the corner from the train station, and what looked like a nice shopping centre, although we didn't go shopping. Stayed in room #9, and while watching TV, could hear someone snoring, but it didn't stop us from sleeping. Shower pressure was not good at all, and also water was not very warm. We stayed using frequent flyer points, so can't say anything about the price! The bed was too hard for my taste, but that's a very personal thing, so it's hard to judge for others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandyfs

Dear Mandy,

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is really appreciated.

We are very happy to know that overall your stay was nice and pleasant.

I have noted your concern in regards to the shower problems in room 9 and can reassure that I have brought the issues to the maintenance team attention and they were fixed straight away.

I sincerely hope that we will see you again in future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is our second time here at this hotel. The staff are amazing and nothing is too small for the staff to attend to ones needs. They were very polite, always having a smile on their faces and the staff who looked after you at breakfast were very helpful indeed. The Hotel is situated 2 roads off the main road in Ilford. A 5 minute walk from Ilford Rail Station, which takes you to Liverpool St. Station. There are plenty of shops along the High St, Banks, Clothes shops, Greggs, Tesco Express, KFC, DrinksRus, Pizza Hut, 99p Sam and lots more. Cineworld is about 10-15 minute walk and there's a lovely little Chinese buffet restaurant before it. The rooms are small to average, beds are made and towels are changed on a daily basis. The breakfast is something to look forward to of a morning, especially when you are greeted with smiling and helpful staff. Booking in and out is efficient and easy with helpful and polite staff. There are rooms upstairs and downstairs and I've stayed in both. Although not all rooms have baths, most are showers only. I can honestly say that my stay with Bestwestern Ilford was a very pleasant one and always has been. I'm due to return on my next visit to London.

Room Tip: Room number 4 was quiet for us.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms Hamilton,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is the biggest reward for us to know that you are becoming our regular guest! We are very happy to hear that we are meeting the expectations and are recommendation worthy.

Again, thanks for your time and we are looking forward to your stay!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Reviews had worried us but not our experience. The hotel is freshly done, clean and very well run. The room was a good size with a lovely bathroom and comfy bed. No problem with noise from other rooms.
Ideal location for last minute dashes to shops and train whilst being far enough away from both to be quiet.
Good parking.
Have paid considerably more to have much worse.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

I am happy to know that you decided to stay with us and we didn’t disappoint you!

We sincerely hope to see you again sometimes in future.