“Excellent taste, excellent quality, excellent prices”
Review of Banana Leaf

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Banana Leaf
Ranked #174 of 272 Restaurants in Ilford
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Excellent value, authentic South Indian cuisine, friendly staff, large menu, really affordable.

1  Thank NorthDevonJon

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I tried this restaurant for a lunchtime meal one weekend when it first opened, and had very high hopes having eaten some incredible food in South India. An open buffet was available, and I looked forward to the variety of food available.

Sadly I was disappointed, as the food was bland (Sth Indian food is known to be spicy). Whilst I could say that I had eaten a nutritious and balanced meal, I couldn't say exactly what it was and wasn't compelled to re-fill my plate with anything. The staff suggested I come back one evening for a dosa and although it is my nearest, there are better options avaiilable locally.

This however was some time ago, it may have improved since!

2  Thank I-veritas
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I had passed by this place numerous times and become interested by its decor, so when my father who has travelled the world; (and eaten just about every kind of food possible) visited from Australia, I took a chance and brought him here.
I elected to try something from the Chef's special area of the menu, and was rewarded by an unusual dish which appeared to be made up of minced meat, shredded bread and a panoply of spices, all of which combined to create a taste sensation. I'd been worried that a dish consiting largely of bread wouldn't taste too good, but was persuaded by the friendly waiter that it was worth a try. My father and my wife both enjoyed their meals and as such I would recommend this place to anyone, particularly if you like to try something which isn't just "your usual curry".

1  Thank FoodLover1966