“usual fair standard”

Pizza Express
Ranked #82 of 162 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Bright and modern, Pizza Express Horsham offers an exciting reinvention of Italian classics. A vibrant menu includes wholesome Romana-style pizzas with adventurous topping combinations, as well as fresh salads, an impressive range behind the bar and aromatic coffee blends. Family-friendly Pizza Express gives kids the chance to design their own pizzas.
“usual fair standard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I do wish service was more consistant and not so cramped downstairs. I never have had a meal in any pizza express that kept the same standard. Pizza topping very stingy as was pasta dish.

And stop ripping us off on dough balls, each time my kids order them I can't wait to seeif we get 5 or 6 next time I shall question the manager. Its only dough for goodness sake. I wonder if you order pizza ad dough balls if they pince some dough allownace from pizza and give you back in dough balls at extra £3 and if chef doesn't quite judge it right depends on how many balls you get. Lets see next time!

Wouldn't use pizza Express unless with offers and coupons. Try the other Italian resturants in Horsham.

Visited January 2013

“In need of a revamp”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I went here with my husband and 2 children aged 9 and 7. We hadn't booked and the restaurant was extremely busy but we managed to get a table. Firstly, the food was very nice. My kids love the fact there is an extensive choice of desserts for kids rather than the usual 'three flavours of ice cream' on most kids menus. I love the leggara and dolcetti options as I get to indulge but still feel virtuous at the end of the meal! Everything was hot and tasty and even though they were busy we didn’t have to wait long for anything.

Having said that, this restaurant is in dire need of a deep clean and refurb. We have been here several times before but on this occasion I noticed the walls were dirty and splattered with food from meals gone by and both my kids’ menus were encrusted with who knows what. While both the food and staff are good here I am a little worried by the apparent lack of hygiene. On this visit the only available table was right by the disabled toilet and kitchen which was extremely noisy with the dishwasher being constantly loaded and unloaded. It was our fault we hadn’t booked but I would advise the restaurant to get rid of the three tables at the back of the room as part of eating out is the experience and having to shout at each other over the dishwasher did not make for a pleasant family dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Service counts”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was a waste of time booking a table, we had to wait for one to be made ready. Our grandchildren behaved very well during the waiting period, bit it was no fun for us to stand in the doorway. It was not as if the restaurant were busy!
I had to summon a waiter to place our drinks order.
I had to summon a waiter to place our food order.
The food when it eventually came was good.
I had to summon a waiter to get the inclusive children's dessert.
I had to remind the waiter that we we still awaiting our coffee.
Upstairs above the restaurant, the staff were chatting amongst themselves.
On presentation of the card machine to pay the bill, the first question on the screen was "Do you want to leave a tip?" Very humorous!

• Visited March 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“GREAT PIZZA - BUT SLOW SERVICE!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The great thing about Pizza Express is that their food is consistently good, and the same, whichever restaurant of theirs you go to. But what I can't stand is the slow service and the difficulty in catching the waiters' attention!! We went for an early meal about 5.30 p.m. so there were only a couple of tables occupied. So why sis we have to wait 20 minuted after our first course for our pizzas? What's more, because the restaurant was so quiet, the waiting staff had little to do so stood at the till area, backs to the tables and chattered, and how!
Funnily enough, or maybe, not funny, is that this is not the first time it's happened at a pizza express.
Perhaps being picky, but the décor is seriously in need of a makeover. The floor tiles are cracked by the door and have sticky tape over them. Given they are not a cheap outfit, decent décor and surroundings shouldn't be too much to ask.
A big plus for Pizza Express is their "adoption" of the smart phone. Make sure you get their app. This gives you access to some decent discounts. My four seasons pizza cost £2.50 instead of £9.50 I think it should have been. You can also pay by smart phone if you've forgotten your cash/ credit card!!

• Visited January 2013
horsham
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I ate here with my children about 2 weeks ago and as we were sat at the table near the till, we had to endure hearing the staff talk about how they had shut the restaurant early the other night as they were not busy. we still did not manage to get any of their attention. the lady at the table next to us complained about the slow service as the restaurant was half empty - for some reason my son wanted to return for his birthday, so we turned up at 1730 on valentines day for my sons birthday and were greeted by an empty restaurant. After standing in the door for about 5 minutes someone finally looked at us and asked if they could help. We asked for a table for 7 people, and were told they were totally booked out, when I queried the empty tables and explained we would be out quickly as we had a 5 year old with us and understood they would be busy later in the evening, they told us that every table was fully booked from 1800 - lucky for us as we had a much nicer and more reasonable meal in ASK! when we walked back past Pizza Express at 1930 the place was half empty. I will not be eating in this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2013