“Always a pleasure!”

Filippo's Italian Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Horsham
Description: Set in the heart of Horsham town centre, Filippo's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria is an independent, family-run classic Italian restaurant. It has received a 5 point rating for Food Health and Hygiene. It is fully licensed and offers a wonderful range of authentic Italian and Sicilian cuisine. Some sample dishes from the menu include homemade garlic bread topped with melted mozzarella cheese and onion, thin and crispy home made, hand tossed pizzas, Pasta con Sarde, home made Lasagne al Forno, risottos or some authentic seafood pasta dishes combined with mussels, clams and prawns and much more. All meals are freshly cooked to order, attracting families, professionals and everyone who enjoys good food. The dining areas are on the ground floor, first floor and outside on the terrace. Filippo's is situated close to Piries Place and East Street, and right next to Piries Place multi-storey car park. Carfax, Swan Walk and the West Street shopping thoroughfare are all within a few minutes walking distance, making it the perfect spot to enjoy some Sicilian specialities.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We are frequent diners, food is authentic and staff friendly ! Great family restaurant. Very generous portions.

2  Thank Mhippychick

Reviewed October 23, 2013

As visitors to Horsham we visited Filippo's for lunch. We were the only diners at 1.30 p.m. The waitress was friendly (almost too attentive). We ordered garlic bread and olives while waiting for the main courses. When these came my friend found his sea-bass OK but not remarkable — he did not care for the sauce. I likewise found my pollo with pasta acceptable but not special, very similar to a dish in an inexpensive Guildford café. Our black coffees cost £3 each, which did not please us. The whole meal with wine cost £33 before service: overpriced in comparison with its quality. The piped music was mostly English-language pop and did not support the Italian décor.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Four of us went here on Friday evening. On arrival the staff were polite and showed us to our table upstairs and took our coats. The atmosphere was warm welcoming and very Italian.
The waitress took time to explain the specials and the main menu as required. The food was excellent with service to match, one of the best Italian restaurants I have been to.
The only thing I would say is the food prices seem fair but drinks quite expensive

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was with a group of 11 who descended on a friday night, most of whom had been before. This was my first visit to this establishment and I can see why my friends returned. As other reviewers have said this is family owned and not part of a chain. Fantastic welcome by charming owners and excellent service all evening with superb food. It has to be said that it was busy but not overly so. I get the impression that they could cope with anything anyway. My friends felt that the wine was a bit expensive but as I didn't partake, can't comment on its quality. We will be back in November, our next visit to Horsham.

3  Thank JohnF157
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If my partner says '£6.50 for a bottle of beer!' just one more time, I will strangle him.

Yes, the drinks are rather expensive, but my veal was the best I've ever tasted. Starters of prawns, scampi and bruschetta were lovely, although I was misinformed by the waitress about the heads/shells on the prawns. The men thought the sauce on the beef was a little overpowering, but no complaints from the ladies (lamb and veal). Garlic and cheese bread delicious and the two desserts were apparently wonderful.
£170 for 4, a large proportion of which was for drinks (6 large beers, one glass of wine and one large bottle of water).

1  Thank Traveller_B33