“Parking Problem”

Premier Inn Horsham North (Horsham Station) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a nice, shiny Premier Inn (I think it may be recently refurbished, but I'm not sure) with all the usual facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful, it was clean and pleasant, and the position is good. However, the bed was horrendously uncomfortable - like a plank resting on a jelly. I still have a very bad back quite a few days later. I should say that I usually find Premier Inn beds pretty comfortable - one of the reasons we use them.

The other big issue is the parking. It has a reasonable sized car park for the hotel, but it is also a pay and display, and therefore used by the general public, and the Beefeater next door (free pass for hotel guests). We arrived back at 6/6.30pm both nights and took the last space both times. We felt we couldn't go out and arrive back mid evening in case there were no spaces. If there is any alternative provision it was not stated anywhere. The parking may have been worse because it was close to Christmas, but the hotel didn't seem particularly busy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Premier Inn Horsham whilst visiting family in the area. Opted to stay as excellent value, didn't have particularly high expectations.

However have been surprised by the service we have recieved. The staff were excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. Room was modern, very clean with good facilities.

Breakfast in adjacent restaurant was good along with excellent service from the staff and 'Mrs Santa' who's friendly welcome has made my 4 yr old daughter's Christmas come early!

Thanks to all the team.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Gazbow23
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I would recommend this premier inn as it is more mordern than most and the staff are extremely helpful. The cleanliness is very good and the restaurant was very nice too. The tv had freeview and was wall mounted. The temperature was easily controllable. My only negative would be that the option of a mattress topper or 2nd duvet to place under the sheet to make the bed softer would be good.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the station car park, which is where I was, appeared fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lindbows
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been using this hotel for over 13 years during my regular visits to Horsham and always experienced a comfortable stay until.....! Mon 10th December 2012
Checked in at 1730, entered room to find that the bathroom light was defective (not a great fan of bathing in darkness!!) and immediately informed reception. The receptionist inspected my complaint and confirmed my findings ( i am a qualified electrician !!), stating that she would instigate a 'callout' and keep me informed.
Some 2 hours later i contacted reception for an update regarding my complaint , i was tired and dirty and needed a bath, to be informed that the repair team could arrive at any time "tonight" of even "tomorrow".!!!!! The receptionists response and atitude was condescending to say the least and i had to prompt her to search for another room in the locality. Not good enough Premier Inn i can rough-it with the best but not when i'm paying!
The following night found me in Wakefield P Inn and restored my faith in the brand.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Horsham North (Horsham Station) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina

Online Customer Service Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this Premier Inn because we wanted a nice meal on the Sat night an to be near the Virtual Flight Centre at Coolham, where we had booked a session in the flight simulator for his 21st.
We specified a time for the meal for the six of us online when booking and phoned nearer the time and spoke to a receptionist called Emily who moved the booking time from 6.45 to 7.45pm and assured us his was all booked!
I was horrified when booking in that no table had been booked and the only available time was either 18.30 or 21.30, The staff were not very sympathetic inc the restaurant manager!! even though I was extremely upset due to this being our sons 21st weekend.
When we arrived back at 7pm after a pub lunch, shopping nd bowling (Horsham) is very nice! A new receptionist called Hollie was there....she saved our day by going over to the restaurant and getting us a table for 19.30 ! I don't know how she did it but we had a lovely meal and she saved the day! Breakfast the next morning was lovely and we had a lovely weekend !

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank haziec
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for a second time for a one nights stay away with business. Conveniently opposiite the train station and also has free parking, albeit with a pass from reception. The hotel was exceptionally clean within the corridoors: no scuffs in the corridoors ( a pet hate of mine) and the room was well presented too.

Wifi is now £3 per 24 hours, which is better than is has been before, although really it should be free! As with other Premier Inns the bathroom was clean, with a deep bath and decent shower. Plasma screen TV with DVD as standard. I didn't eat in the Beefeater adjacent to the hotel, as there are plenty of restuarants in Horsham to choose from but I eat breakfast in there. As always, very good, with a hot/cold excellent selection (dependant on what you pay for) but you can basically ask as much as you want for cooked breakfast.

My only niggles are that this is perhaps the most expensive Premier Inn within the UK. Im not suprised as Horsham is regarded as one of the most expensive areas in the UK. But at £95.99 for a night, including breakfast? It is pricey.

Room Tip: Forgot eating in the attached beefeater. Wonder into central and there are plenty of excellent restu...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank icansmellthesea
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel is very convenient for my stay directly opposite the station, but still nice and quiet even though on the main thoroughfare. The staff are polite and friendly. The room very clean and comfortable. I have stayed here 3 times and it is consistently good.

Room Tip: I have some level of disability. Access to the room is good and their is a choice of bathroom or wet...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lesley N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
Travelodge Horsham Central Hotel
Cisswood House
#2 of 2 in Lower Beeding
Travelodge Billinghurst Five Oaks
Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley

Been to Premier Inn Horsham North (Horsham Station) Hotel? Share your experiences!