“Excellent food, perfect service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Tristan

Restaurant Tristan
Ranked #2 of 161 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Housed in a 16th Century building in the historic town of Horsham, Restaurant Tristan opened in 2008 and has been a firm favourite with local foodies ever since. Inside, original wooden beams contrast with contemporary style to create an intimate setting for lunch or dinner. Chef and Proprietor Tristan Mason worked in top restaurants like The Greenhouse and Mirabelle before becoming Head Chef at The Hare where he achieved his first Michelin Star. The menu at Restaurant Tristan is predominantly British with some creative French influences, with dishes like terrine of pheasant and turbot with truffle risotto taking centre stage. Ingredients are locally sourced wherever possible and the extensive wine list is designed to complete this truly unforgettable dining experience.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, perfect service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went to this restaurant for lunch but ate from the al le carte menu. The food is excellent and reasonably priced.
I highly recommend the lamb. Wine was also good and the service exemplary.
We would really like to return to this place in the evening and have tasting menu.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Natasha B

london
“Oh Tristan - what a shame!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Went with 2 friends to Tristan. Have been many times but - food utterly amazing -service utterly awful. We had tasing menu and waited 25mins between each course. No attention whatsoever from staff just left sitting there -waiting.........with nothing . As we booked a taxi for 11pm - we have been there since 7:30 - we had to leave. Altough we ordered deesrt & coffee we were not able to wait any longer and no one asked why we were leaving without finishing our meal! For £600 for 4 - would have expected better service. Your front of house let you down tristan. wont put us off coming back as we love your food - but service needs to match.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AuntyH
London UK
“Outstanding lunch in a wonderful ancient building!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been very lazy recently and although regularly visiting some incredible restaurants (including Restaurant Tristan) over the past couple of years, I haven't written any reviews. Today however I felt I had to sit down and write this one.

I visited Restaurant Tristan for a family party this lunchtime and were looked after splendidly. It’s a lovely light, spacious dining room in a very ancient building amongst the shops of Horsham in West Sussex. The team took great care of us all throughout with good wine, smooth service and friendly knowledge and understanding of the super food.

Tristan is a really terrific chef, cooking beautifully refined modern food. The kitchen applies superb technique to the best seasonal produce and the result was, AS ALWAYS, hugely satisfying.

The restaurant is a gem of a place; the hard work and passion of Tristan and his crew really shine through. I can’t recommend it enough.

It was an outstanding!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank The-Trip-Never-Ends
Shoreham by Sea
“Excellence all round from a chef at the top of his game”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

4 of us headed to Tristan’s for dinner recently and 4 of us left very satisfied with what the chef is doing here.
The quality and flavour of food is excellent as is the service, ambience and restaurant itself.
If I could fault it I would say my main dish was slightly luke warm and portion sizes could be better – but that’s mainly because I wanted more of the brilliant food. In any event these minor issues are not enough for me to drop a star.

We will be returning often here, I suggest if you haven’t tried it you get your glad rags on and high tail it to Horsham. You won’t be sorry.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Teamtango
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Life enriching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Occasionally a meal out becomes so much more, and Tristan took restaurant eating to another level. Although I eat out ~10 times a month with work, the tasting menu and delightful service made it possibly the best meal out I've experienced. It's also good value for the extraordinary quality of food provided. Give it a go... The whole team there really want you to have a wonderful experience :)

Visited August 2013