“Inventive, Imaginative and Delicious Food!”
Review of Restaurant Tristan

Restaurant Tristan
Ranked #2 of 167 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Housed in a 16th Century building in the historic town of Horsham, Restaurant Tristan opened in 2008 and has been a firm favourite with local foodies ever since. Inside, original wooden beams contrast with contemporary style to create an intimate setting for lunch or dinner. Chef and Proprietor Tristan Mason worked in top restaurants like The Greenhouse and Mirabelle before becoming Head Chef at The Hare where he achieved his first Michelin Star. The menu at Restaurant Tristan is predominantly British with some creative French influences, with dishes like terrine of pheasant and turbot with truffle risotto taking centre stage. Ingredients are locally sourced wherever possible and the extensive wine list is designed to complete this truly unforgettable dining experience.
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Inventive, Imaginative and Delicious Food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were invited to Restaurant Tristan for a friends birthday and from the minute we arrived were so impressed with the staff and the food. The dishes served were all beautifully presented and tasted amazing, from the 'amuse bouche' through to the yummy home made truffles after the dessert. We will definitely be returning soon!

Horsham, United Kingdom
“The finest food, deliciously prepared and served in a friendly and professional way.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I took my girlfriend there for our first date and recently for our first anniversary of that occasion. We have to say that it was and still is the best dining experience we have ever had. The service is superb and each course is a delight of amazing taste and presentation. The Michelin star was well deserved. Thank you and well done!

• Visited April 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Possible the best food I have ever eaten.the service was exceptional will be back .i have eaten in lots of good restaurants this is a great restaurant thanks for a great night

1 Thank Martin T
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“And I wanted Wagamamas...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The thing with emigrating is that you leave a lot of your favourite things behind. The thing with emigrating to Switzerland is that not only are your favorite things not there, but what there is is incredibly expensive. You can't get a decent burger, fries and a beer for less than about £30 each, so when it comes to most restaurants be prepared to pay a heft whack. The chain restaurants have mostly not arrived yet, so on our visit to Horsham to meet the in-laws I was set on Wagamama. It's been months since I had my usual of chicken katsu curry, negima yakitori and a large asahi. When my suggestion was shot down with a "Why don't we eat here - TripAdvisor says it's good?" I was all "yeah, whatever." What a treat we had!!

We arrived at lunch without a booking and were shown upstairs to a beautiful room that was very tastefully laid out, and to start with we had the service all to ourselves. I was very tempted by the tasting menu, but as it was lunch we stuck to the set menu. I confess I don't recall what the amouse bouche was, but it was a vibrant orange veloute that tasted great and set the tone for the rest of the meal. The whole table went for the courgette veloute, which surrounded very fresh, delicate tasting crab meat. I followed with beef rump, wild garlic, jerusalem artichoke and pistachio. It was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked - as good a piece of beef I've had this year.

The lemon meringue pie cheesecake was great to finish with, although I was tempted by the waiter's strong recommendation for the souffle. Petits fours came in a funky tin and were delicious. We (well, I...) had a lovely bottle of red from an extensive list. The four of us all had an exceptional meal and not a foot was put wrong. The bill for the four of us including service was a shade under £160. This is fantastic value for Michelin star cooking and all the accolades are well deserved. Coming from somewhere that would charge more than this per person for this kind of standard it almost felt like we were robbing the place.

An unexpected delight, this truly is a fantastic restaurant, with a great value lunch menu. It's a long way to visit these days, but I'm sure we will make another trip soon...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Russell P
Lindfield
“A treat!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had lunch at Tristan's yesterday and had one of the best meals we have ever had (and we have eaten out lots!). I loved everything about it; the charm of the building, the decor, the staff, the wine and of course the food. My starter was a taste sensation (crab, courgette strips with a warm light but thick sauce and tiny pieces of finger lime which seemed to pop in my mouth). My beef main was to die for. The lemon meringue pie dessert was absolutely gorgeous! What a classy place without being at all "stuffy". I really want to come back and try more of Tristan's food - and his evening taster menu looks just perfect for that. Not so keen on the 12.5% service charge which was added, but maybe that's just me. Would have left that much anyway, but would have preferred to have offered it rather than "be asked".