“Food has improved since I last visited”
Review of The Lintot

The Lintot
Ranked #74 of 172 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch on a weekday, took a while to get served as only one person behind the bar, but the menu had changed since my last visit (early 2012) and the food selection was better. Was impressed with my chicken and pesto wrap and pot of chips, and was a reasonable price too. My colleagues also agreed that the food was good and had improved a lot. Would visit again.

2  Thank Meerkat_05

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went here few times. Service very poor. Food overcooked and cold. Drinks overpriced. Needs Gordon Ramsey!

4  Thank Vivienne E
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having made reservations, paid deposits and given our menu selections 4 weeks prior to Christmas we arrived on time at 2.00pm. We chased our starters at 2.40 and had only had received two courses by 4.00. We gave up at this point, decided to cut our losses and go home.
When asked why we were leaving before we’d finished our meals we told her that we thought that 2 courses in 2 hours was unacceptable. The waitress explained that they'd had a table of 23 in at the same time and that was why service was so slow. We did very well not to lose it at this comment - pointing out that neither the number of guests nor the meals were a surprise, having to have confirmed numbers & menu choices at least a week in advance!!
She deducted the bottle of Prosecco. They did not refund the difference in cost between the 2 or 3 course meal.
The food was adequate, not very hot and served by staff that were alternately disinterested or over-familiar!
It goes without saying that we will not be visiting this restaurant again!

4  Thank Baggysails
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Lintot looks great from both outside & in, the atmosphere is good as was the service but I expected a bit better with the food if I'm honest. Having eaten there a few times now, whilst the portions were generous, on the first occasion the 'light bites' scampy seemed to have more batter than content and the second occasion the turkey was very dry, rubbery & disintegrated when trying to cut it. However, with a nice looking menu I'm curious to try this place again in the hope that I've just been unlucky so far.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

If you like the ambiance of a 80s Havester, this really is the place for you. It's tired brown and orange decor, sticky tables, food splattered carpet and dirty wine glasses will greet you upon arrival. Drinks are reasonably priced but on our visit the bar tender struggled to find me a clean glass! Apparently there was something wrong with the glass washer? When I enquired why the bar was smoky and smelled of burned food, I was told that there were a few problems with the kitchen extraction. We ordered a bottle of Pino Grigio but this was warm and they were unable to offer any cold wine. Staff provided us with a wine cooler but this was not effective. We were advised by staff to stick to basics on the menu and avoid 'specials', which they described as 'pretty awful', so we both ordered fish and chips. Portions were generous and the food was reasonably presented. The first complaint however was that the food took so long to arrive and when it did the peas were starchy and shrivelled and the fish was soggy and tasted light a warm, damp tea towel. Other general complaints were that the toilets were filthy our enjoyment (although there wasn't much) was furthermore disrupted by misbehaving, kids who were running around and playing under tables. The staff were very friendly and acknowledged hopelessly when we complained. When we left our clothes smelled of smoke, so I followed up our visit with a complaint to Marston Brewery. Their reply was very short and automatically ended up in my junk emails which I felt was the most appropriate place for it! Although they acknowledged that standards had slipped at The Lintot, they suggested we made a return journey as a new manager was about to start. They offered no incentive though and the generic feel of the email reply did not make us feel like valued customers.

1  Thank Suzie O