“Sunday lunch”
Review of The Lintot

The Lintot
Ranked #125 of 172 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Southwater the Lintot Pub is located in Lintot Square. Now independently operated we are a family & dog friendly pub offering homemade food with an extensive drinks range.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The quality of food and the service has deteriorated over recent months, and especially since the menu was changed on 9th October. It would appear that there are insufficient staff, or that the kitchen facilities cannot cope with the number of microwave meals to be heated! The staff are always friendly and helpful even though they are rushed off their feet. However, I am sad to say that my friends and I will be finding another venue for our Sunday lunch for the foreseeable future.

1  Thank Carolyn C

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My mother-in-law unfortunately chose this pub to eat for her 75th birthday - it was quite possibly the worst meal I've ever had. We had two courses each, and not one was up to scratch - my pudding was actually inedible. The puddings also arrived while the detritus from the main meal was still on the table.

Will not be visiting again .. will be writing to complain.

3  Thank FHoldaway
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a really big pub which is bigger than i first realized, it was set out really nicely and tables weren't to close together. we went fairly early in the eveningso i don't know how busy it gets but when we went there were quite a few tables full over one side but the service was very good once we ordered our meals at the bar, which i was a little surprised at having to do as when i usually go to this group of pubs they have usually taken our orders at the table.
I think they could easily handle a large group as they have a large down stairs and a large upstairs, upstairs they also have a balcony area where you can sit.
We did get rather hot in there but they opened the doors to let some cool air in without being asked.
The food was cook nicely and was well presented, i had fish and chips and found some bones in it but only at one end but until then it was very nice and the batter was crispy and not fatty at all, my better half had gammon the pineapple was a bit small but the gammon was very nicely cooked and very tasty, i know as i pinched a bit.
On the whole the food was very good and not bad value. They do have deals so have a look.
The staff were very friendly and happy to get anything you needed and came round to make sure you were happy and ok with everything, they were or seemed please that i pointed out the fish had bones in it and said sorry and that they would have a word with the supplier.
The gents are found upstairs where there are also disabled toilets, the ladies are downstairs but there are also so disabled downstairs as well. I can't speek for the ladies but the gents were very clean and not cramped at all.
On the whole we were very please with our visit and would go back.
Just one thing we did find funny but interesting was that there was a statue outside in the square of a dinosaur in what looked like bronze, very different.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was a bit shocked how far down the hill the Lintot has gone! I went in today for Sunday lunch and it was bad.... The meat (beef) was like eating shoe leather and the veg had no taste, the gravy was like water and looking around the pub I was sad to see it so dirty. It was only 11.30am when we went in and I had to clean my chair off as it was covered in choc bits and other stuff from the night before, also most of the tables had rubbish and old foods bits stuck to table legs. We paid a lot and left most of the food, waitress very young and not sure about anything.

3  Thank 360MJE
Reviewed June 20, 2013

food was cold, when it finally arrived, waitress didn't seem awake let alone bothered about anything or apologetic, was overpriced for microwaved rubbish, soft drinks were VERY expensive, which was a bore for the driver (me) ended up paying more for my drinks than the others, and there were a group of men opposite the bar who were rowdy and whose language ruined the friendly atmosphere. the staff seemed more interested with banter between the group of men and themselves than any other customers. Needless to say, i won't ever be returning.

5  Thank Kally h