“Comfortable pub, good food”
Review of The Lintot

The Lintot
Ranked #119 of 174 Restaurants in Horsham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Southwater the Lintot Pub is located in Lintot Square. Now independently operated we are a family & dog friendly pub offering homemade food with an extensive drinks range.
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Friendly staff, fast service, good price food. Would recommend

Reviewed November 30, 2011

good food at a reasonable rate with a pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I used to visit all the time but the past few months gave been awful.

The mangeress is horrid, she spoke to my wife like she was something she stepped in!

The bar is full of regulars who swear and shout, hardly gives the impression of a family pub.

2  Thank Marklew2
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I frequent this pub some Friday nights and the lager is always flat and the white wine always warm.

The ales are OK but never that clear... They're always a bit cloudy.

The staff do not know the rules about allowing dogs either... One Wednesday lunchtime I spoke to a lady on the phone asking whether they allowed dogs and she said; "yes, of course". After walking for 45 mins with my parents (who aren't that sprightly) to the pub we were abruptly (and quite rudly) turned away. When I informed them of my phone call they just said; "I dunno who ya spoke to mate but no dogs in 'ere". I then suggested I carried my small dog to the terrace outside but the barman wouldn't budge and insisted we leave.

I think he was worried about a dog hair getting into one of the 'packet' meals the Lintot were serving or even worse.....into one of the microwaves.

Poor show.

I'll be off to a proper pub like The Bax Castle or The Countryman next time I think.

1  Thank jfuaoasn
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Ate in The Lintot with family and friends to celebrate my birthday.

Service was generally good and the selection on the menu was good and the prices for the food was very reasonable. I hade the sweet chilli chicken burger, ok it was nothing fancy but had two peices of chicken in it when 1 would have been ok so very generous, though I would have preferred more sweet chilli sauce and for some to be actually on the burger not just in the pot.

Drinks prices are reasonable here too and it has a nice atmosphere, it was a sunny day so the windows were open which let a nice breeze through, shame about the all the chavs pointlessly going round and round with either loud music or loud exhausts on their rubbish cars.

The car park next door allows 2 hours of parking though we parked for 3 hours without issue.

My wife was able to reserver enough room for 20 people without a deposit or fuss.