“Excellent Indian Restaurant”

Akash Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 164 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Horsham's Longest Family run Indian Restaurant, serving authentic, quality Indian food since 1976. Set in a traditional and contemporary surround with a warm and relaxed atmosphere. We offer a fast and efficient take away service from an extensive mouthwatering menu selection. Please take a moment to view our website and we look forward to welcoming you for an Akash experience. All our food served is Halal.
Partridge Green, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have eaten here quite a few times with a group of friends, or got a take-away. Tonight I ate here on my own for the first time, which can be an uncomfortable experience. But not at the Akash. Mash and his staff made me feel very comfortable and welcome. The food here is always delicious - I have never had a bad meal here. Tonight I had the Prawn Purri starter for the first time and wished I'd had it before. I've eaten in some prize-winning Indian restaurants, and this was just as good! The Wednesday evening offer is definitely worth checking out - 5 courses for £11.95 is amazing value. The owners, Dill and Mash are genuinely charming and eager to please without being over-the-top. Dill should be a stand-up comic - he's a bit like an Indian Michael McIntyre! The decor is modern and very clean and the place has a very warm and pleasant ambience. I can highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank Paula B

Horsham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food! Great service!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Seriously impressed! Loved the food, atmosphere was great and the service was brilliant! Definitely re-visiting!

1 Thank r b
“Very Pleasant, Wednesday Offer tops it off!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

By chance we went on a Wednesday, 5 courses for £11.95, great value, all hot and tasty, staff friendly and not forceful constantly asking us for drinks etc. clean and tidy. Would recommend to others happily.

2 Thank danmsaunders
Horsham, England, United Kingdom
“Service first class”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really good food (though indian food always leaves me a bit thirsty wherever I have eaten). Well presented, good temperature. Restaurant clean. Always busy as very popular so need to book - especially weekends.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Sally S
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, a bit chaotic”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were there on a Saturday night and hadn't booked. We were directed to a table for four and subsequently it turned out we shoudn't have been given a table as there was a 42 person waiting list!! A bit of consternation from the staff including the very hard working maitre d, but they allowed us to stay and eventually, after an hour's wait, we had a delicious meal. It seems to me that the restaurant would benefit by not doing take away at the weekend as the kitchen was obviously overstretched and the queue stretched through the restaurant. It is deservedly popular and the maitre d works hard at keeping everybody happy but a sense of imminent chaos pervades the place. Lovely food though.

Visited October 2012