“Good food, slow service.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cote Brasserie - Horsham

Cote Brasserie - Horsham
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Good food, slow service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife went for lunch here, ordering the special of steak frites. Because we had skipped breakfast we ordered a croissant each, which was nice and soft but cold with no butter offered (I don't mind it being cold but you might).

My steak did contain about five bites of gristle and equally concerning was that when I tipped the remaining of my fries out of the tin at the end of the meal a horrible scraggly, short hair accompanied them. Other than that it was absolutely delicious!

I'm not the type of guy that causes a fuss about such things and I certainly wasn't going to let it deter me from dessert. Unfortunately it took ages for our plates to be cleared and after the menu's arrived nobody seemed to want to take our order. After deciding that 15-20 minutes was long enough we decided that once the waiter came over we would ask for the bill. It took about a further 5-10 minutes before I decided I would just get up and ask for it.

Overall, good food (not excellent, certainly overpriced) but good luck getting your hands on it! Would not visit again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark R

Midhurst, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great value pre-7pm menu...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Had a great 1st experience at Cote, the 3 course pre-7pm menu is great value and the food was all excellent. Service was good too, very efficient and friendly. Can't wait to go back.

2 Thank mky337
Sutton In Ashfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Horsham and walked around until we found this place. It certainly looked very inviting - and very French! We were warmly welcomed by a young lady who asked us where we would like to sit. Everything was very impressive - the design and decor and the atmosphere.
We decided to take the set meal available for lunch and early evening (from Noon until 7pm). This seemed very reasonable at £9.95 for 2 courses and £11.90 for 3 courses. Everything was very well prepared and presented and the wine we chose was excellent and good value. The staff we encountered were all very friendly and we noticed that this restaurant is obviously very popular as it soon started to get busier.
The service was without fault - unhurried but efficient - we even learnt quite a lot about the place from our server. We will certainly return as soon as we can.
I now realise that there are lots around the UK so will try some more branches!

1 Thank Outlaws_11
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Good as usual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Family lunch with two under 9's, 3rd time this year not disappointed, as a chain they seem to have it right, food choice good, excellent service and standard price for whats available.

Makes a change from Pizza Express ect..

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Graham H
Redhill, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had been putting off / weaseling out of going to Cote for a while as i hadn't seen any glowing reviews, but my brother loves the place, so he booked a family meal there for 9 people to celebrate his girlfriends birthday.
We went on a Sunday night, and for some reason the only slot available was 8.15pm - however when we got there the restaurant was only 1/3 full, so couldn't understand why we were only offered that time?
It took about 20 mins for the waiting staff to take our food order, having taken our drinks order the minute we arrived, so we didn't get starters until about 9pm.
Food was a bit of a mixed bag - although all was high quality - the portion sizes varied greatly. I ordered the 1/2 roast chicken, which came with potatoes, green beans, and a sauce, and it was a fairly large meal, but my fiance ordered the haddock, which was the size of a small banana and came on a puddle of mushy peas about the size of a taxdisk! Thankfully he was able to have some of my dinner as his certainly wasn't enough.
All the food was very salty - so much so that i had to start disassembling my meal to remove the skin from the chicken and scrape the sauce off.
All in all, my original feelings about the place haven't changed - its nothing special, and in all honesty if you want french food, go for a Cafe Rouge!

1 Thank welshiesgirl