“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wabi

Wabi
Reserve with OpenTable
Wabi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 162 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The first authentic Japanese restaurant in Horsham, Wabi offers a modern Japanese fine dining experience with a cocktail bar and a simple yet elegant decor. Easily accessible within 10 minutes' walk of Horsham rail station and Horsham Park, Wabi showcases contemporary Japanese cuisine from it's celebrated chefs. Each dish combines traditional Japanese culinary techniques with quality local ingredients, making for a modern Japanese dining experience. With a stylish design throughout, Wabi is split into three main areas for dining. Enjoy Wabi Bites and cocktails in the lively atmosphere of the bar on the ground floor, or sample delicious Japanese specialities in the main restaurant on the first floor. Signature dishes include the Smokey Dragon Roll, Crispy Squid Kara Age, Alaskan Black Cod in Miso, Tea Smoked Lamb Chops & finish off by digging deep into a Kuro Mori dessert. Private booths and a traditional tatami mat seating area are also available for corporate meetings, special occasions and large parties.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I frequent Wabi often and the service, staff, food and atmosphere are outstanding! We love it and would highly recommend the taster menu and the yummy little pork buns. Heaven!! Definitely the best (perhaps only) city style bar/restaurant in Horsham :D

• Visited February 2014

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Not the Japanese experience we sort after”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I dined here 3-4 years ago and had a fabulous Japanese meal. Very expensive at £180, but very authentic, including Japanese beer and a couple of cocktails. In August 2013 we decided to take out a second mortgage and go again. Although the food was excellent, it was not authentic Japanese. The food had been adapted and westernised in the last 2 years. Serving steak and chips on the set menu was not my idea of Japanese. With this in mind, we thought it rather expensive and a disappointing dining experience the second time around. Furthermore, the cocktail bar downstairs has become very noisy, thus spoiling what could have been a very romantic Japanese evening (as was our first visit years ago when my husband proposed to me).

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

The traditional looking façade belies a cool and contemporary interior; great for drinks at the bar or dinner. The food was tasty, authentic and punctual, all served by a great waiter who was both knowledgeable and friendly.

Might take some out-of-towners there tomorrow for cocktails!

• Visited March 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
“One to avoid.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I'm rather baffled by the good reviews for this restaurant. It is by far the worst experience I've ever had. The waiter was really condescending and rude. Our starter (miso soup) was given for desert. I've asked for hot sake and received cold one instead (i know it comes in cold, but was never given an option). My main was tiny, I've ordered chicken wings, but received about 4 tiny ones, which as I bit inside were raw. All food just waked not eh table in front of us, inserted of actually making sure they had the right order. On top of it all I was told I had to pay for service charge, which I've later found out should not be mandatory, and to push it upon customers is actually against the law. Wish I actually complained and not paid anything at all to be honest.

Left feeling hungry, annoyed and bullied. Avoid this and go to Moshino in Brighton or even YoSushi instead if you want quality Japanese food. In fact most supermarkets cater in much higher quality food than this awful, awful place.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank O M
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding as always and new menu is better value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Take my son to Wabi every time we visit Horsham. Although only 4 he loves Japanese food and loves this place
It isn't a place for a cheap lunch but the quality and service are more than worth it
The tastes are hugely authentic and the food ranks with the best London restaurants like Nobu and Zuma
New menu makes an enjoyable experience even better. Now there is Black Cod