“Wide selection of very poor food, avoid”
Review of Sanmae - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Wide selection of very poor food, avoid”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Went with wife and dad back in October, massive menu but very poor quality food. Tastless and bland, not what you'd expect. Often empty restaurant, obviously not the only one in Horsham to think that the food well below par. Much better restaurants in Horsham

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Grahame J

brighton
“Surly service and mediocre Luke warm food”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Sorry guys- this place is poor. No other words for it. We left feeling as if we were an inconvenience

We were table of 7 and left waiting half an hour for starters in a restaurant quiet for a sat night

Having duck for seven and just six pancake rolls- the hassle to get another six was greeting with distain. Mains again cold and lack luster

More interested In flogging drinks under every breath

Thoroughly disappointing- wine also inexcusable.

4 Thank jadey0101
“Varied and Delicious”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I have have eaten in the Restaurant several times and used the Takeaway service too (You do have to collect) I have found the food very fresh , very varied and always nice. I also think it is very good value and as a Veggie there are loads of food menus to try, so anyone who eats meat will be absolutely spoiled for choice ,Studding of the menu can take a while if your in a large group allow for this extra time. The service was pretty quick for a table of 9.

• Visited March 2011
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Hair raising and luke warm”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Visited this restaurant for the second time and would not go back. Was met by a charmless head waitress who appeared grumpy to the waiting staff. Table was not ready for us and we had to wait whilst a table for four was laid even though there was a table already laid. Our table didn't have the linen table cloths as others. There is also no coat rack so all diners had jackets on the back of chairs.

There is an extensive menu and also set menus as well. I asked if the vegetarian set menu could be cooked for one and was told this was not possible. I had to then choose a la carte whilst the other 3 still went for a set menu. This always strikes me as strange since they still had to cook separate dishes for me.

The crispy duck arrived for the others and so did my spring rolls which were luke warm. Our plates arrived some time before the food so by the time the food arrived the plates were cold.

The main courses arrived which were all rather small. There was some intended display with the beef stirfry which the not so happy waitress tried to then light at the table. She could not get it to light and I was unsure what the clear liquid was that she poured over the dish. The man at a neighbouring table was not too happy about being smoked out by this. I was halfway through my stir fried aubergine when I came across a human hair, yes human hair in the middle.!!!! I could not attract the attention of the staff so took the plate to the 'happy' waitress. She did not believe me at first and insisted in holding it up to the light and moving the food about. She didn't apologise but offered to cook another batch. I agreed as i didn't want the atmosphere at our table to decline further. She then came back out and said 'no more aubergine' which would explain why most of the last dish was actually corn and carrot. She said would I like something in black bean sauce. I said yes even though there was no apology or offer of any recompense.

I understand that anywhere can have a bad night but this was cheerless from start to finish. The only good point was the cheerful teenage waiter who smiled all the time even though he was barked at by 'happy waitress'. Finding human hair in a meal is really awful and unhygienic. No apology is terrible. Voting with feet and not returning.

• Visited February 2011
4 Thank Greymalkin_10
west sussex
“What a load of Chopstick's”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

First visited this restaurant when it opened and did not think much of the place when had a wet coat and they had no coat hooks,I was invited by friends again last night and again came away stilling hungry the portion are small the duck comes out on a cold plate and to me cold plates is not good ,my wife's spring rolls were luke warm and her main was a rip off for a small plate of aubergines and rice £10 but she did get and extra human hair free in the meal which the owner did not believe her at first then ,took the meal away then came back and said they had run out of aubergines hence the small amount in the first place,
To me it lacks atmosphere and I will not return or really recommend it to my friends there is better in the town

e