“Top Class”
Review of Springfields

Springfields
Ranked #2 of 15 Horsham B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 4, 2013

we found it very hard to find b/b in Horsham but eventually find this gem of a place right in the center of this quaint market town.
It had every thing from excellent size en-suite rooms with toiletries to enormous bath towels, king size bed and comfortable mattress.
Breakfast was cooked to order and good servings, the staff were always helpful and will definitely book here again if the need requires..

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 30, 2013

A decent sized room, though with only a small window as it was the top floor. A very cramped en-suite, but it had all the essentials and did have plenty of shelf space for toiletries, which often gets forgotten.

Excellent breakfast - with good ground coffee of a decent strength.

I see, from other reviews, I wasn't the first one to be surprised, when I put the lights out, to find the room still brightly illuminated with a weird green light from above the door. I spent ages trying to find the 'off' switch but gave up and hung a pair of underpants over it, which helped. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do if you're too short to reach up to cover it. I was informed that it's a fire exit. Eh? It's the door to my bedroom! Someone, either in the hotel or the local fire dept, has got things badly wrong: no other town I've stayed in requires bright green lights in hotel bedrooms at night!

There is Wi-Fi but sadly it isn't adequate for even a small hotel and isn't detectable above the first floor.

Some reviews mention difficulty reversing through the 'tunnel' to/from the car park. That isn't necessary; once you've driven in, there is plenty of room to turn and park and then, when you leave, to drive out forwards. Reversing out could be dangerous anyway, since there is a pedestrian footpath crossing immediately outside the tunnel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a great stay at Springfields this weekend. I'd booked my husband a flight sim at the nearby Virtual Flight Centre and decided to make a weekend of it, booking it through hotels.com. We drove down straight after work on the Friday. On hotels.com website it said Springfields' latest check in was 9pm. Worried about this I emailed Springfields direct and Lyn was quick to respond, asking that I phone her on the way down so she could be there when we arrived. (They do not have a 24hr reception). I telephoned from Stanstead M11 services to let her know our sat nav said we'd arrive at 11pm. (May bank holiday and schools breaking up for half term meant there was a fair amount of traffic on the roads). Anyway despite obviously having to be up early to deal with breakfasts (8-10am) Lyn greeted us with a smile and showed us around the small but wonderful hotel. We were free to come and go as we pleased, she showed us how to get out of the building, and how to lock up behind us.

We went up to our room (Room 4) and was really impressed. It was very spacious, with lovely decor and lighting. With it being so late we literally fell asleep the moment hit our heads. The beds were super comfy (a firm mattress which was just perfect for us). Being super picky, the TV was a bit too small for the distance from where it was placed and the bed - but we weren't there to watch TV so didn't really care. The only thing that was slightly irritating about the whole stay was at around 7:30-8amish on the Saturday the cleaning staff were on the landing outside the rooms talking slightly too loudly. (Wasn't a problem on the Sunday). I think this was only irritating given how late we got in the night before. And for some reason the light above the sink kept cutting out then coming back on when we took a long shower (with plenty of hot water - it was bliss!)

The breakfasts at Springfields were fab. We had a runny fried egg, 2 strips of bacon, 1 small chipolata sausage, half a grilled tomato, some beans, and some fried mushrooms. You had a choice of what you wanted, Lyn was on hand to take your orders, you could have your eggs however you liked, and there was a choice of brown or white toast. There was also a selection of cereals, yoghurts, and fruit.

Overall the hotel was very well presented, even though it was a relatively small hotel, the rooms were very airy and spacious (including the breakfast area). It was really clean, and even though we were only staying 2 nights the cleaning staff still came and emptied our bins and did the odd bit of 'tidying' (moving the cushions/alarm clock etc).

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I would book it again in a heartbeat if we were ever in the area again.
Thank you Lyn and the rest of the staff!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had to stay as we got stranded because of bad weather. It was late, cold and snowy. The staff were excellent. They did everything to make us comfortable and made us a brilliant breakfast before our journey back. The rooms were wonderful. Crisp clean bed linen, exceptionally clean and fresh everywhere. They told me they had been open about 5 years but it looked like it had just opened. I was very impressed at how friendly and welcoming they were, especially since the premier inn had just about told us to clear off. It's not really a b&b - it has a hotel feel. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stewart G
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a 10-bedroom private hotel just across the road from Swan Walk (big retail centre) and 'downtown' Horsham. The hotel is modern and well appointed - beds are comfortable and the room was spacious.

The proprietor was helpful, and provides a good breakfast.

Access to the carpark at the back is very tight and narrow - when in that area there are 8 carparks and they share these with a garden centre - so some nights you wouldn't be guaranteed a car park if the hotel was full, and there is nowhere obvious to park otherwise.

Internet access ..... excellent if you have a laptop with cable to plug in to their LAN .... the socket is at the desk in the room ... very poor if you rely on WiFi because the signal is only adequate in the breakfast room.

Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Springfields for two nights in mid-December 2012 in a king room. This was a pleasant, clean and warm room with an ensuite bathroom (shower), and all typical mod cons including TV, kettle etc.

Great breakfast with good quality cooked options, as well as healthy sugar-free muesli and fresh fruit available too.

We were pleased that there was car parking. It was only a 5-minute walk into the main shopping and dining area in the town, and it was more convenient to leave the car and stroll into the main part of Horsham.

Only negative was that there was no wi-fi in the rooms. But, it was possible to use the internet in the breakfast room.

Overall, great value for money, and friendly, helpful service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at Springfields whilst on a seminar near Horsham. I had a very clean, comfortable room, and s ice bathroom, but unfortunately no internet. Slept well once I'd covered the bright light over the door!! Good breakfast, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business