“White Van Man's diner”

Dining options: Breakfast
Horsham, United Kingdom
“White Van Man's diner”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Let's be honest the food is never going to win a Michelin star but every time I have visited it has been reasonable.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“It is what it is!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I've eaten in the griddle a few times and it's great for what it is - a decent value fry up breakfast. It's not going to be the greatest quality food you'll ever eat but I've always found it quite tasty, the staff are friendly enough and I've never had hairs or grease in any of my meals (as previous reviewers have mentioned). As long as you go there with realistic expectations then I think you'll be fine.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank David S
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Hair & chips - not nice!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We used to go regularly as a family for a nice Saturday fry-up. Used our loyality card for good standard greasy spoon breakfasts. But we will not go back as we do not appreciate hairs and nails with our chips. When we pointed out the long black hair with chips they did replace only to have more hairs with our other dish. Need to sort out the hygiene in the kitchen guys. Shame.

Visited May 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous value”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great place for budget price combined with fabulous quality food cooked just as you like it! Great people to deal with, they make you feel right at home. Wonderful!

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutley awful”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had this dive of a cafe recommended to us by a family friend. It is old jaded smelly and dirty and thats before I start on the food. The breakfast on paper looks good value, that is until its put in front of you. I would say the griddle needs a good clean then maybe the bacon would be minus the black bits. Poor quality sausage, eggs just awful add the lukewarm beans and you begin to get the picture. We quietly complained and were told everyone else loved it. I guess its different strokes for different folks. This is a cafe on a parade of shops and even by todays standards most estate cafes have upped their game alas not this one it is stuck somewhere between the 70's and 80's. I will say the menu is quite comprehensive and cheap but it even that looked like a chinese takeaway menu gone wrong. We visited on a Friday morning and apart from one other we were the only customers so really it should have been perfect. We visit family on a regular basis in horsham one thing for sure we won't eat here again.

• Visited July 2013