“Some good, some not so good”
Review of Strada

Strada
Ranked #126 of 164 Restaurants in Horsham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: STRADA offers great quality, freshly prepared Italian food served in stylish, contemporary surroundings
West Sussex
“Some good, some not so good”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We started with olives and rosemary bread, both of which were tasty, the bread was a little oily though.

I had the chicken risotto for my main, which was bland but I expected this, however it was cold. I also had a side order of French beans and they were also cold and overcooked. My husband had a pizza which he said was very nice and hot.

I didn't send mine back as I didn't want to wait and eat after my husband had finished. The service was fine to start but slowed as the evening went on.

Would not be in a hurry to go back.

Uk
“Lovely lazy lunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We hadn't been to this restaurant for a while, but a special offer for their new menu tempted us back. We hadn't booked but were welcomed warmly a few seconds after going through the door. One of our favourite round tables was available and we quickly settled in. All of our choices were available, but our friendly waiter told us as we were handed the menus which items were no longer available.

We chose a sharing antipasto, then a pizza campagna, a pizza carne Toscana and a pizza formaggi and all were wonderfully crispy and tasty. One of us had no room for dessert, but the other two enjoyed their affogato and an ice cream. Add the very tasty red Aglianico wine and you have three happy Sunday diners. The atmosphere was very good, the waiting staff exemplary and the restaurant was comfortably busy.

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Busy, buzzy Saturday evening”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

It's been a little while since I have eaten at this restaurant. Lots of people are a bit sniffy about chains but was pleasantly surprised...

The booking: Phone answered quickly and booking taken. Also have the facility to book on-line, which is handy.

The atmosphere: We arrived at 8.30pm and the restaurant was packed. Good mix of couples, parties and families with children who were finishing up. The decor is modern and all very clean and well presented. Some tables are a bit close together, but this does seem to be more of the norm these days.

The service: Warm welcome when we arrived and our table was ready for us. Service good throughout the evening and space between courses just right. Was asked a couple of times if all was ok.

The food: Husband had anti-pasti all very good apart from the tapenade, which he wasn't keen on. His taste rather than the dip. I enjoyed the funghi polenta. Husband really enjoyed his pizza and said it was one of the best he'd ever had, praise indeed. Enjoyed my spaghetti pomodoro, a simple dish that can be awful when not cooked well. Puddings were lovely also.

There is a lot of competition in East Street and am pleased to find out that Strada has raised its game. Will be returning again soon and suggest you give it a try also.

London
“Overpriced and slow service”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Overpriced, tiny portions and food took nearly an hour too arrive.

The Ciabatta bread cost £2.25 and consisted of 4 pieces of small french stick.

The waitress however, was friendly

lazydaisy
“Something's gone wrong.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The service at Strada was excellent and the choice on the menu also. The food though on this occasion was well below par. I'm hoping it was just a temporary set back as it is a nice atmosphere, but not sure if I'd go back to find out.

• Visited May 2013