“My Birthday treat”

Ranked #9 of 389 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Amazing totslly...
My daughters went before and the story was told...
We went and am shearing the experience was 99%..
Good good food we got stuck in
Its our new date night place...
Only thing is I should of added more to my bag!!!
But I guess that's why we have a
Next TIME

Reviewed August 6, 2018

You will really enjoy this place. It is different with bags of fun! (Used the word bags deliberately).

Only minor gripe is their corkage fee...

Go try it..

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for great tasting food and are a die hard for prawns and crabs, look no further than The Fat Crab. Simple menu which allows you to pick and mix, with flavours to suit all. Don't be fooled by the simplicity of the menu because it works and they have mastered it. You really need to try it to believe it.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

We went to the North Cheam restaurant all excited at this new seafood experience. To be fair it was definitely an experience and fun in how one eats at a restaurant.

The key question for us though was, was it value for money? It was not.

Apart from the fact that the order was not all delivered, twice, the food itself was not value for the money paid for it.

The final bill was close to £140 for food that left you hungry still at the end of the meal.

Order the crab and search for the meat on the damn thing. The Blue Swimmer Crab had less meat on it than ONE prawn. At £18 one is left thinking one has been ripped off.

The chips were extortionate as was the rice. Perhaps adding these to the menu along with the main dishes without charging extra may shoulder the burden of the final bill somewhat. I don't think that will happen though.

They could have return custom if they thought about it but I do not hold much hope out on that.

Will not be rushing back. They will probably do well locally as people will go to see what 'the experience' is like but then they will not return, as we will not.

1  Thank Papasmurf1CX
Reviewed May 28, 2018

We were taken here as a treat and what a treat it was ,the menu is full of tasty dishes also the staff who are excellent will make suggestions of combination sauces to add to your dishes .There Calamarie is cooked to perfection as was the Prawns and Mussels .I loved the way that it is hands/fingers on with no cuttlery in sight but plenty of paper towel ,well worth seeking this eatery out !!.