“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed here for business. Good location if working in Luton as 5 minutes drive from centre, and good choice of restuarants and Sainsbury's near by. Free parking or right next to Kenton station. I could feel the trains passing but couldn't hear them! First room was a problem as there was no hot water but I was helped to move very quickly to another and they acknowledged they had had a recent issue but were resolving it. Very comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, spacious room and extremely friendly staff. Breakfast next day in the pub next door was very good and again, the service friendly and efficient.Yes there was an issue with the first room but it was dealt with so well i wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Greek first
Chester Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

I booked this hotel as we had stayed previously in July and had a great stay. Arrived at 11pm at night after travelling 3 hours, staff were very pleasant and courtious, told we would be staying in the building across from main reception, 2nd floor room at end of corridor, as we opened fire door we were met with a foul smell of recently smoked cigarettes, entered room and could smell it inside room, our room was a family room but was a lot smaller than the one previously in the summer, tiny bathroom with no room to turn, the sink had a yellow circle around the plug hole and the lighting was very dull and drab, not good for doing makeup! Pink mould around edge of bath and only 2 bath towels for 4 people., wardrobe was a funny shaped rail which stuck out into room and was neither use nor ornament! We looked out of window and realised we were right beside railway line as we had just heard a number of trains fly past. I went down to reception and asked for another room, was told they were fully booked due to XFactor and that people in other rooms put socks over smoke alarms to have a cigarette and that they couldnt do anything about it. Went back to room to bed but was awake most of the night due to the train noise at one point I thought a train was coming straight through the room. Got up in morning went for breakfast and told reception, they said they would refund my money for that night and move rooms as they now had a spare room ready in the afternoon. Went out for day came back to get ready for X-Factor at Wembley, room was ready .and we were now in ground floor room in main building over looking carpark, this was lovely, much cleaner, fresher and quieter and had a good night sleep! When I asked at reception if my card had been refunded I was very annoyed and disgusted with the managers response that I must have know they were by a railway line when I booked and why had I booked if it was going to bother me.... I replied that I had requested a room away from railway line as I did in the summer... Surely a customer is right and should not be spoken to in that way, the rest of reception staff were really embarressed by his attitude. When I got up next morning and went to find if my card had been refunded I was very shocked to find it still hadnt and the receptionist informed me she had to have my card back to do a refund.. why did the manager not inform me of this when he said he would sort it?? All in all I was satisfied with the 2nd room we were in and with the reception staff, but how the manager got to be where he is I will never know, he was rude, uncaring and arrogant. I would stay in this hotel again if I was guaranteed a room away from railway as it is very convenient for Kenton tube station into London and Wembley without paying top London prices!

Room Tip: Well away from railway line and if possible in the main block as they are cleaner and newer!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

We stayed in Premier Inn Kenton for the first time and that was just perfect. Rooms clean, staff friendly and helpful specialy morning receptionist I think her name was Jolenta-really helpful person. We will be back there for sure. Just trains little noisy but we were aware of that.

• Stayed December 2011
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay, excellent service. Evening reception were more than happy to help when our door card had stopped working & provided us with a new one. Although you did hear the fast train running past often but you learnt to block it out.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

excellent value for money,clean tidy and comfortable,looking forward to going again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

Great team of staff led by a very friendly and hard working manager. Function room was excellent for training.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Eilat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

This hotel was excellent, we stayed for over a week. Our room was massive, bed was comfortable tea and coffee making facilities, television with a large selection of channels (not that we had time to watch) and spotlessly clean. We asked for a room on the top floor and yes there are stairs and a bit of a maze to get there but well worth it did not hear the trains at all. The room was always the perfect temperature don"t even know where you have to go change it if needed, We stayed in the middle of the winter as well. If there was any small problem the hotel telephone did not work on two separate occasions on different days. Also weird for me no toilet brush poor chambermaid!!!! Surely nobody would steal one. We had the cooked breakfast everyday good selection not the best in the world bacon was a bit cold but really ok to keep us going for the day. Everyone has written here about the convenience of the 2 stations so nothing to add there. Also if you are going out for the day you can also use the massive Sainsburys opposite the hotel for sandwiches drinks and snacks etc.

Room Tip: the 300"s don"t hear the trains but be warned have to be fit to get there.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gooner_Il
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
BEST WESTERN PLUS Grim's Dyke Hotel
Crescent Hotel
Crescent Hotel
#5 of 8 in Harrow
Novotel London Wembley

Been to Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel? Share your experiences!