“Diabolical.STAY AWAY”
Review of Euro Hotel Harrow

Euro Hotel Harrow
Ranked #12 of 15 Harrow B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A cross between Colditz and Fawlty Towers.Booked 2 rooms only to be told that they had overbooked and we would have to squash all 4 of us into 1 room for the first night, but we could have 2 rooms for the second night.On the second night we were then told that they had overbooked -AGAIN.Room was very basic to say the least No hot water and little or no toilet paper.Full breakfast consisted of cornflakes cold toast and tea.What a dump!The sign outside says luxury hotel - outrageous owners should be prosecuted by trading standards.

• Stayed: July 2012
9  Thank DaveTWales
Khalid M, Manager at Euro Hotel Harrow, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Euro Hotel Harrow has had a management change.

We want to apologize about your experience of whilst staying at Euro Hotel Harrow.

Also we are going through the feedback and will make sure no problems happen ever again for any customer of whilst staying at Euro Hotel Harrow.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Made a booking, was not sure after reading the comments, still went there, the one and only staff member was in the first room, sleeping, came and said some thing, not good English, didn't understand a word he said, when I gave my name said yes we have the booking, asked for £60. I said we have paid, he started arguing with me, when I showed the paper work, he took me to a room, smell of rats, and like a dump house. After some time, I saw him with a mother girl sitting in the sofa and god knows what he was doing. It's a shame that London harrow has a dump house like that. Can't people see this. Why can't the authorities take action or ask them to stop and close. This is not a hotel, if any one has done some thing wrong in life only stay, if not sleep in the road. May god bless to the people who book.

Room Tip: Front car park only
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank lalitkacha

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This property does not deserve any rating at all. It should be zero.

My family was booked for 3 nights and upon arriving, it turns out to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in ever. It was simply terrible, dirty, filthy and not suitable for normal human habitation. The City should shut it down and Expedia should not be marketing this product.

We left after one night and managed to book at a local hotel for the next 2 nights.

Euro Hotel is not willing to refund the deposit for the 2nd and 3rd night because they claimed that we overstayed on the first day. What a lie ? We just cannot ran fast enough away from the place.

Euro Hotel is not just filthy, but liars too.

Shame, shame, shame...

Lawrence Lim
Vancouver BC

Room Tip: Avoid this Hotel at all cost.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Lawrencelim123

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed intermittently at the Euro Hotel Harrow. While we observed some administrative redundancies with the staff, my fiance reported a very affable and friendly service from management whose interest in our well-being was quite sufficient to make our stay as comfortable as the low price range would ask. We suggest this hotel as a low-cost short stay alternative to other hoteliers in London, however my recommendation is that visitors consider the attractive transport and regional excursion possibilities made available by the convenient London location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cherrytreesmile

Reviewed July 3, 2012

This hotel is vile... Lets start from the beginning:

My husband and I were looking for a cheap and easy base. We had 4 days worth of plans including outdoor concerts in the rain, theme parks and trudging for hours around London. We wanted somewhere we could literally just sleep, wash and change. We are no strangers to roughing it camping or in youth hostels, sofa surfing etc but Radio 1 filled London with it's big weekend! So we thought we'd struck gold with this one. £50 a night close to a tube station. Perfect!

However...

On arrival no one was in. We were left for about 1/2 an hour ringing the bell and wondering why on earth they had planted plastic tulips in the ground...
A chap who worked there finally arrived and couldn't get in. He eventually disappeared around the back and arrived at the front door... which filled us with confidence in suburban London... We were shown to our "room" containing a double and a single bed.

The hotel STANK of damp and wee. The furniture was pulled away from the walls because of the damp. The curtains were hanging off the rails. The wallpaper was hanging off the walls.

The TV's ariel had no where to plug it in and it was standing on top of a fridge that wasn't plugged in and was omitting a smell of rotting meat and stale milk.

The bathroom was vomit-worthy. The shower head was covered in mould (and I have an allergy!!) and there was a nasty old bit of soap on the windowsill which had cracked and grown it's own mould!

We were given a key to the door which didn't lock because it had been kicked in and shoddily repaired. I asked the chap to look at the lock and he pulled some wood off it then closed the door with him on the outside and the key on the inside... we couldn't work it out either... He told us that we could move into the room next to us when they left later in the evening.

Deeeeep Breath aaaaaaaaaaaand continue.....

There was a skanky old kettle with a couple of tea bags and two small pots of loose coffee that looked like the spoonful they contained had gotten wet. They had stained cracked mugs to go with them.

I went to find a coat hanger to inspect the bedding and mattress with (happy that if it wasn't good enough there was a spare one in the back garden...) and there were no handles on the wardrobe which like everything else was a good six inches away from the wall.

Just as my husband was pleading with another hotel to find us a room I investigated further to find..... you guessed it.... a skanky old sock in the bin...

Of course there was a sock in the bin...

Why wouldn't there be.....

When I told the chap we weren't staying and invited him in to sniff the fridge he did not look surprised at all. He said the manager had to refund my deposit and I had to ring up a week and a half later for it which I still haven't received. To be honest though lets hope they spend it on antibac wipes...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank MrsKinver-Wrigley

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have no evaluation as far as the facility his allegedly hotel has because they did not let me stay.On my arrival they told me that my reservation had been canceled, and to my surprise, by themselves, because the rate offered by the third party internet booking company was ridiculously low. So I told them that is none of my business and you can’t cancel my reservation without consulting with me. But they insisted that they contacted the booking company and I should have received an e-mail from them. I have never received up to this date. So not only were they pathetic liars but also were not even apologetic to what they did to a tourist came all the way from USA. By a work of miracle I found a room at a hotel about a mile long walk away from that disgusting place smelled like toilets and curry powder. And actually it was good for me to stay at a much better hotel. Any good review about this hotel must have some special reason behind it which people like you and mecan never be related to.Trust me. I have been to cheap even hilarious hotels throughout Europe with any troubles you can imagine. But there is always something to compensate all the problems; such as extremely low rate, location and
loveable owners and staff members. But this, whatever it is I assure, the worst hotel on this planet.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
12  Thank JustinDeDublin

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We booked online looking for a central location to where we would be house hunting and the tube. Once we walked in though we knew it was a mistake but had no where else to go and it was clear they'd fight us over a refund of four nights. Our bathroom was beyond disgusting. Mold and mildew everywhere, toilet seat covered with urine (and floors and walls) the toilet brush had so much dust on it that it was apparent it had not been used in a long time. Shower black with mildew. I made them come clean it as I could not bare to use it and they were annoyed that I demanded it. Breakfast was cereal. No toast was offered and we just skipped it all together since the tables were gross as well. The positive reviews are clearly the owners or their friends and family because there is no one in their right mind who would give this place positive feedback

• Stayed: June 2012