“Great place, great food”
Review of The Yellow Chilli - CLOSED

The Yellow Chilli
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to discover, with great food and great service. The quality is worth the value and even more. I strongly recommend it and hope to have the opportunity to go back there!!

3  Thank Sabrina A

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was my second time here with the family. The manager (I think) recognised us and like the first time was very friendly. I was gutted that they have changed their tastecard offer from 50% off to 2 4 1 it turned out to be an expensive evening (considering portions are on the smaller side) I know it’s a tapas style meal, but they do charge ‘normal’ portion prices. The food was just as good as I remembered. The only dish I was disappointed in was the chilli chicken which was described on the menu as having fenugreek in there, where in fact it was identical to the chilli paneer dish. I wouldn’t get that dish again. The vegetarian courses were great too all nice and fresh. All dishes (except the aforementioned chicken) had their own unique individual flavours which is rare in an Indian restaurant. I’m not sure I’ll be back in a hurry though, as even with the tastecard it turned out to be an expensive meal. I probably only go for a special occasion not just on a whim.

5  Thank Saintlysinner
Reviewed May 16, 2014

A surprise find in central Harrow! Well patronised on a Monday night when we visited. Prompt attentive service, lovely ambience & great lighting around the bar.
We ordered the Lamb biryani, Chicken Korma & the Lamb Rogan Ghosh as mains with side dished to complement. All were delicious & authentic. More impressively the food was served on warm plates!
Good choice of drinks from the bar.

2  Thank EvefromNZ
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Have to say I'm very surprised at how great my experience here was.

The place is located in an easy to find location with a car park that's free very close by.

The decor is nice and simple with a relaxed ambience.

We were promptly shown to our table and given menus to choose our drinks. Good choice of drinks to suit most, priced reasonably.

We decided to order a vast array of food from the tapas options all of which were fantastic. Cooked well, really flavoursome and nice size portions. I urge people to try the Tawa Chicken special and a Gobi tapas!

The service by the two waiters here was brilliant and really surpassed any expectations. They were quick, efficient, really friendly. The gentleman waiter saw how much we ordered so suggested we move to a bigger table for comfort. Good job too as we ordered lots. Great show of initiative and made the experience that much better.

All in all I highly recommend this restaurant and I can't wait to go again with a bigger group.

3  Thank TightGuji
Reviewed May 3, 2014

gave an opportunity to try different dishes. food was freshly cooked so there was a little wait but worth it. good value too.

3  Thank russelld49