“Added to our list”

Serrata
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is a relatively new restaurant in Hatch End. We often go to Hatch End to eat and the addition of a Turkish restaurant is a big plus. This is especially the case as the food and service were good. We have had better Turkish food but this was good enough to warrant going again. It is a big improvement on the restaurant which was previously at this address. It is brighter and feels more comfortable. They have modernised the toilets very nicely but left the old tatty doors in place. We were give very nice bread with humous, olives, butter and something else which we were warned was very hot that we didn't sample. It was very nicely presented. My spicy sausage and halloumi (except that halloumi had a Turkish spelling) was very good. My mixed grill was very meaty with perfectly cooked rice and my wife's lamb shank was big and served with mashed potato and green vegetables. The mashed potato was allegedly good. The lamb shank melted in the mouth; I got to sample some of it. It was not cheap but it was good enough value that we will add it to our list of eating venues in Hatch End. A service charge was added automatically to the bill. I don't like this but we would have left about the same as a tip anyway.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Our second trip to the restaurant and we got a very nice welcome, as before and attentive service with drinks and taking the order when we first arrived. It's nice to have the free mini meze with bread served as a matter of course with the drinks - the little hotr peppers going well with Efe's beer The food is v well cooked and there is a good range. The fried calves liver starter was superb - breadcrumbed and deep fried but not for too long so it was nice and soft and had a v good flavour. The bulgar kofte as great, too. The main course as very slow in coming, but v good too when it arrived, with apologies. The skewered, marinated lamb was great as was the mixed meat dish. Baklava with stuffed prunes and apricots was a great fnish. The Turkish Yakut wine was a perfect accompaniament.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Went on Mothers day for dinner. Good choice including vegetarian. Someone on here recommended house red.....great recommendation! Was a nice Merlot. Nice food from the grill. Prices a little high for a small restaurant but probably average for the area.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

For a bargain 2 course earlybird supper, this is a pleasant alternative. Serrata is a Turkish restaurant with a wide variety of choices. Staff is pleasant and the restaurant is clean and airy. Recommended

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My friend and I visited last night for the first time. It's a small cosy restaurant that was half full on Tuesday night. We arrived before 7pm so ordered from the early menu. This allows a starter and mains to ordered for the excellent price of £11.95. Before ordering we were brought complimentary breads and a selection of nibbles including olives and chillies.
My friend and I shared a mini meze and calamari. Both were very good. For mains my friend had the minced lamb kebab while I had seabass fillet. Again both were nicely cooked and very large portions. We both declined the offer of a dessert.
Overall an excellent meal with my only complaint being the adding of a 10% service charge which is mentioned in very small print on the menu! The waitress confirmed this charge didn't go to them so tipped them instate.