“An absolute delight”

Serrata
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my first time at this particular restaurant in Hatch End where quite frankly, anyone who knows the area will be aware that you are spoilt for choice in the high street. I hope it will be the first of many evenings spent in this establishment as I enjoyed the food so much.

Décor is quite basic and my only complaint would be that white walls and bright lights can be a bit harsh, but I soon got used to it.

Liver and onion to start ant it was cooked really nicely, fried in breadcrumbs. Presented well and very tasty. All the other starters shared by my dinning guests looked equally delicious, especially the Portobello Mushrooms, served with a poached egg on top and the king prawns.

Main course was the grilled lamb served on a bed of rice. I must say that the chef really knows how to cook his meat. It was tender and juicy and complemented very well by the home made chilli source. I asked for a lamb chop to be added to my meal and the waitress was very happy to sort this for me. My wife had fish and that also was cooked just right. All this washed down with a very good house red.

Service was very pleasant, our waitress was very attentive. We did not bother with a dessert as we were full enough. At £30 a head including service we were very pleased with our meal and look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

An excellent meal that really had the taste of home-cooked food, prepared with care. The mixed mezes was great (preceded by an appetiser of dips and warm bread).but the cold mezes was a trifle cold still from the fridge. But flavours excellent. and went well with Efes beer. The main course - lamb and mixed meats was great. The meat was perfectly cooked ad very good quality so that it was tasty and tender. This was accompanied by home-made chilli sauce - which was hot but not burning. The Turkish red wine was smooth and full-flavoured. The baklava and the stuffed apricots/prunes were tasty and a good mix of flavours and textures. Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Hatch End as enough restauirants by far and at least this replaced an existing restuarants - Hatchets.
We went on a Sunday evening , so it was relatively quitel
The service was fine and whilst choosing our food a nice set of dips and fresh bread was delivered.
We shared the hot meze swopping a meat dish for a veggie one and was lovely , as was the soup.
A stuffed aubergine dish was very pleasant and a sae bass nicoise was well cooked and was vert tasty.
All in all a very nice meal.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our first opportunity to visit this transformed restaurant was excellent - great service, delicious food and a very good ambience. I expect we will come here as regularly as we did its predecessor.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We booked early to obtain the cheaper £11.95 two-course price, from a slightly curtailed menu. It is notable for including 6 vegetarian and 3 fish main course options. After a tastier than usual set of complimentary nibbles, we settled down and enjoyed the next two courses: I chose an Efes beer to accompany the ample and tasty mixed cold meze (6 dips and salads, plus bread) and then the skewered (skewer removed) kidneys, which come with rice and salad. They were lovely and my only comment was that there were quite a few and I might have preferred a mixed skewer. When I mentioned that to the waiter, he immediately said that I should ask for that next time - that was typical of the polite, friendly and not overly attentive service. We all succumbed to dessert (not cheap - my chocolate cake was OK but no more than that) and coffee. Overall a very enjoyable and unhurried early and fairly quiet Wednesday evening, with 4 very satisfied customers who will all return. By the way, I liked the slightly secluded window table.