“All the same but different”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #122 of 372 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2014

All Pizza Express restaurant's have the same basic menu, but the quality and appearance of the food varies widely. I ate at this one last night with three other adults, before going to the cinema which is next door.
Two of us had pizza's which were perfectly cooked and looked very appetising. The third had a large salad from the new menu. The ingredients were all very fresh, the dressing was good and the presentation attractive. I had Risotto Fresco, also from the new menu, and I enjoyed it very much. We would certainly eat here again in similar circumstances. The only down side for me was that it was rather chilly, but that might not be a problem for other people.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Good pizzas here. Friendly staff. Good atmosphere with cosy lighting. Tried the Florentina pizza which was very good.

1  Thank UKJohn88
Reviewed May 4, 2014

One of the much smaller branches of PE, but the service is always a pleasure. I tend to use vouchers for here and always save a few pounds. You can see the chef preparing the food depends on where you sit. All in all very good.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Good food.

I was in the area, have a flight to catch but hungry.

It was a very busy lunch hour, not so quick afterall but i managed to fill my belly with good food.

1  Thank Stone S
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I will start with the positives: The food was tasty. No complaints to be made on that front.

Now onto the array of negatives:

The service was TERRIBLE, one of the worst I have ever experienced. Considering we were 3 of about 14 people in the whole restaurant, our food should not have taken 40 minutes. The family on the table next to us actually left ( after a lengthy argument with the manager) because they had been there over an hour and had been told '' it will arrive in a few minutes'' about 5 times. I can't say I blame them. Of course the manager did nothing to help them, he barely apologised!

Next, they were out of the dish I wanted because a few ingredients had run out.....at 6pm in the evening! I ordered something else, and they told me they would fix me a similar dish to my original. I was thrilled at my hybrid dish, until I saw the bill and realised they had charged me extra for this privilege. Granted, they did chop and change my dish, however not once did they tell me this would incur an extra charge. I was under the impression that because they had run out of the ingredients, they would do what they could to salvage my dish.

Finally, the chefs and waitresses were beyond terrible. The cooks sat there chatting when I went to the bathroom, as food sat out on the service table getting cold. The waitress gave me evil eyes every time I asked for more water.

They even had the nerve to charge us service charge, and refused to reduce it.

NEVER bother going here, it is a waste of time

1  Thank K S