“STINGY UNFRIENDLY OWNER WHO LIES. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Twist Dessert Lounge
Ranked #5 of 7 Dessert in Harrow
Description: We are a small family business serving a large range of eggless desserts. We also have a savoury menu should you require some snacks before indulging in our dessert. All of our products are vegetarian, eggless and home made. There are some vegan friendly options also available in our menu.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife ordered an ice cream with cone. Having had two licks of the cone the cone broke. My wife asked for replacement cone which we would have gladly paid for but the miserly owner thought we were asking for a cone free and therefore told her ' we can't do much about it and you shouldn't have squeezed it so hard' . He did not want to replace a 20p cone although we were not asking for it free.

We have been regular customers there and that did not count to this owner who does not care as it seems he has too many customers. My wife was relaying to us what happened and we were discussing amongst ourselves how STINGY he was . If you are UNFORTUNATE to be served by this bitter old man you will get the Smallest scoops of ice cream not to mention the wicked stares.

He was not pleased to give out the 20p cone and therefore stood there staring at us . He called his whole team of staff and was relaying to them how he had to give out a 20p cone. My brother asked him if he was ok and the old man was bitter about having to give out a cone. He started Fighting with us and his arrogant son came over and started screaming at us and accused us of screaming . We left there but he called the Police. The police came and questioned us at which point they said that the owner accused us of smoking inside. My brother who is a smoker was with my 2 year old and would never light up inside even his own home leave alone at an ice cream parlour. The Police rolled there eyes when they heard about the 20p cone. They must have more important crimes to attend to. They told us to go. We discussed how bitter and twisted the old man and his son were for trying to get us done for smoking inside.

SUMMARY- this is a money making place where customer does not come first and is treated like a criminal. If your ice cream cone breaks don't complain just put up and shut up. If you complain best to keep the cigarettes away as they will use anything to get you . Beware .

18  Thank Mtukufu

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We have been here quite a few times, grabbing a take away shake or ice cream is probably a better experience, they let you try different flavours and make good recommendations, does get busy in the evenings so be prepared to be wait, but it's worth it.
Sitting in experience is very hit or miss and this isn't when they are busy which could be excused, the staff are forgetful with orders and you could be waiting awhile before having to get up and ask where your order is. The interaction is also questionable, I don't mind spending my money here, so a smile would be appreciated.
The desserts are tasty and well presented, crepes are delicious also, we've also had savoury food which has been good.
Twist is definitely my choice to go to in North harrow, much much better than mr shakes up the road which was and is a big let down, no comparison to Twist.

2  Thank Gracielou1000
Reviewed June 9, 2014

What a great find this place is! A great assortment of sweet treats for all ages! There are savoury options available I believe. I opted for a waffle with Ferrero Rocha ice cream with a drizzle of hot chocolate sauce, it was delicious! My overall opinion on my first visit was a good one, although I would say it was a little bit on the pricey side. Service was ok, but a little slow, thankfully it wasn’t too busy, but the taste of the dessert was worth the wait. Give it ago and satisfy that sweet tooth!
Chris Holiday

1  Thank topher196745
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Twist in North Harrow specialises in vegetarian food, made to order. It also has an excellent range of ice creams. We visited for lunch with family, but it is popular in the evenings. The decor is attactive and comfortable. Please do try it for yourself.

1  Thank malcolm g
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We visited Twist for the first time this afternoon. There's a great deal of choice available - lots of different egg-free cakes and ice-creams as well as the most delicious churros cooked fresh as you order them!
It was very quiet when we arrived but by the time we left it was getting busier. There was only one girl behind the counter and she was very friendly and offered tasters of the ice-cream if you were having trouble knowing which one to choose!
Looking forward to a return visit soon.

1  Thank asdas1