“tastless over priced food”
Review of Coriander

Coriander
Ranked #39 of 359 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2014

i went for a curry at Coriander last night(Thurs 3rd)i ordered a chicken masala and the chicken was stringy and full of gristle,i. didnt rate the welcome to much either,it seemed too much trouble for the manager to answer my questions about other food on the menu,i also found it expensive for what you get

2  Thank deano210966

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We have eaten in dozens of Indian restaurants and love good Indian food. We are also learning to cook it at home. I like the decor and the free nearby car park is handy, but if you have a table for two the table is tiny and very close to the next table so not one for that romantic meal. The poppadoms and onion bhajis were very nice and fresh. We had lamb shank, vegetable balti (not on the menu) and daal. The daal was very good. Naan breads are quite small. We thought the mains were quite nice but nothing special...as this is a bit more pricey than your average Indian, being in Hatch End, I am not sure if we would consider it worth going again (£57 + tip for 2 of us).

1  Thank Coffeecreme
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful Restuarant for Hatch End a taste experience but spicy though! Living in a predominantly Indian area I'm spoilt for choice but the food here is lovely for Bangladesh cuisine! The prawn puri to start nice large generous tasty portion! But it's the main the lamb bhuna I had this time but it melts in your mouth! One of my top local Indian Restuarants! I enjoy the food experience here very much! Best to go midweek as you'll have to wait if lucky to get a table at weekends! Good attentive friendly service! You'll enjoy it and won't be disappointed!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Situated in a thoroughfare with so many restaurants, Coriander stands out from the crowd. It's specialities are unusual and adventurous. The decor is modern and attractive and the service was exemplary, ending with complimentary liquors. The food was of a high quality and seemed freshly prepared. Why only four stars? Firstly, prices seem a tad on the high side, particularly for the specialities. Also, paper serviettes rather than cloth napkins? Rather cheapskate! Nevertheless, we will certainly return, particularly for the lovely food and warm and efficient service.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Compared to most of the Indian restaurants that focus on European tastebuds and are in my view lazy, this merits its marking, princiipally as it has a slightly more adventurous menu than many, innovative décor (e.g. subtly changing colour ceiling wave bar) and the food seems fresh and generally tasty. But it is still nothing special.
The popadums and especially accompaniments were definitely better than average and my mixed kebab starter was very tender. I tried one of the signature dishes next 'batera bhuna' - the guinea fowl were tasty (& obviously v.fiddly!) but the bhuna sauce was bizarrely sweet and mushy, heading towards a bizarre mashed potato consistency. Apparently the lamb shank signature was lovely and I tasted a coriander/mint chicken which was heavily spiced/herbed but v.decent. Veg/rice/nan was all fine - their nans are of the doughier sort.
I agree [see earlier review] that the menu could be better described and especially nearly missed out on an Indian dessert, of which they had 2 or 3 but all bizarrely recorded merely something like as 'desserts £2.95-£5.95'. I had rassomalai, which was fine but no more - I suspect pre-made, turning them a good profit.
Although I think the dishes are not cheaply priced (one can get easily better value), the busy and pleasant ambience merited something, even more had the waiters added a bit of charm to their briskness. Actually, the overall bill was not too bad (c.£25 pc - we are modest drinkers) and all 5 of us left happy, satisfied but not overawed.

1  Thank Peter G