“Excellent”

Mazar Restaurant
Ranked #101 of 372 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Afghani
Reviewed October 13, 2012

After I read the review I decided to go and try it, I went there with my family the food were delicious and the staff were friendly and so nice , I am sure I will visit it soon , it's was first time we ate Afganian food but I really love it it was so lovely.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Well, who would have thought it. Arriving from the Harrow & Wealdstone tube station, having my (incidentally, German) brother-in-law mention that the walk to the restaurant would be an interesting "ethnic" experience, and then finally arriving at the very unassuming looking restaurant itself (both outside and inside), I was amazed at how quickly I was completely taken in with the small family-owned business charm, the personal and very friendly interaction with the staff and the owner himself and, most of all, by the great food. And I can tell you that I have actually had real Afghani food before and this more than held its own.

A great informal experience which even ended with the owner coming over, shaking hands all round and offering to treat all of us (no less than 6 people who had consumed a mountain of meat) to a free meal. Of course I was so disarmed by this that it took me a bit of time to go into Afghan mode myself (thanking him but that we would be his guests the next time etc etc). I think I even ended up leaving a big tip which was then reciprocated with us not being able to leave without taking all sorts of sweet treats with us!

Wow, talk about old world charm or rather Afghani old world charm, the best kind.

1  Thank Rashed I
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was a first time for my family and what a great experience.

The staff were friendly and welcoming. Nothing was a problem for anyone, especially the manager. The food was very tasty especially for someone who is not a great fan of Afgan food. By the way I am now a convert, The chicken was very succulent and not overly spicy,
the lamb was tender and had a beautiful flavour which I have not experirenced before.

What amazing Restaurant and 10 ot 0f 10 for service and quality. Thanks

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We popped in here for an impromptu lunch while shopping at our fave veg shop which is next door to Mazar. We were so impressed we came the following week to try the family 3 person special for £25. This included rice with lamb, raisins and almonds, freshly made nan, mixed kebab, a spinach dish, salad and chicken afghan style . They don't serve alcohol but the piping hit afghan green tea was excellent and they kept filling our cups . The staff here are very friendly and the whole experience was excellent.... Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Norehearsal