“Always good”

The Duck in the Pond
Ranked #76 of 369 Restaurants in Harrow
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Food is served daily from Midday until 10pm (subject to availability).
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The pub it's self offers a nice setting along with great service and good priced food. It can get very busy Friday and Saturday nights but overall would recommend

1  Thank C J

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We visit there for lunch fairly often because its our local Pub.
I just wanted to say that the staff are always very pleasant.
The food is very good value and on week days delivered quickly.
The drink prices are not too expencive either.
Would recomend it if you want hot reasonable food.

1  Thank bettsyHarrow
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Me and the wife decided to try out this place as we read a few good reviews. At first glance it looked amazing and real value for money. Thats it! We ordered our food and the starters came out within 5mins. Disgusting! Deep fried mushrooms were so bad and the prawncocktail had all dirty and wilted lettece in it. Plates were not cleaned away and our mains came out within 5min of getting our starters. I had the beef rib which was dry over cooked and so much silver fat on it that it made me feel sick! The potatoe criss crosses were so over fried it was ridiculous. My wife had the sunday roast and it was so fatty and everything was microwaved within an inch of its life. The menu looked so nice to read but what a disapointment. I can safely say we will never be going back....ever!

4  Thank Firefly5537
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We are regular visitors to this pub and enjoy the varied seasonal food menu they have available so when we decided to meet as a family ( 3 generations) to celebrate my nephews birthday. we rang our local embers in "the duck in the pond" to ask what the policy was on children being in the pub. We were delighted to be informed that children were allowed as long as they were eating dinner and in the family dining area. This was perfect for us so we rang around the family and arranged for everyone to meet there at 7.30pm. We got to the pub and after a 25min wait we managed to secure two large tables in the family dining area. More family arrived and as the first group in our party went to order their food we were told children were not allowed in the pub. I explained to the man who I think was the manager that we had arranged this family get together and that we had rang prior to coming but he was very unsympathetic to our predicament and I would even go as far as to say he was very condescending and implied I was a bad parent for taking my children out to dinner on a friday night at this time . I know we wouldn't be treated like this in the harvester bushey where we normally go for our yearly get together dinner.
In conclusion Half of our party decided to go home and the get together was a disaster. I would like to clarify that I nor my sisters drink alcohol so it wouldn't have been the case that the children(2 in total)wouldn't be supervised. I wouldn't normally take my children out at this time of night but as all my babysitters were at the restaurant I felt it was appropriate as they too are members of the family and deserved to be treated as so. not like the 3rd class citizens the manager made them feel like. I would like to also clarify that there were other children in the pub running around both my children were sitting at the table with me the whole time in the midst of all the attention they love. This was a very disappointing evening and it has further compounded the reputation embers have for being a very family UNfriendly place to go. Take a look on this website and you will see further comments on how badly family's are treated.
The staff need to give clear consise information when customers call and if children are not welcome that fine but families need to be told BEFORE they make their arrangements.

4  Thank andy-murphy72
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit and we like the duck. This is not a gastro pub but a local that does good food and a good and changing range of ales. I've always found the staff here helpful but if you're expecting attentive restaurant service this is not for you. There is a good range of food with some good value deals. Is it a quaint olde world village pub restaurant .... No, is it a great local to pop into for a tasty meal and pint... Definitely

1  Thank Norehearsal