“budget”
Review of Crescent Hotel

Crescent Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Harrow
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Cheaper alternative while visiting London.
Quick 5 minute walk to station and shopping centre and nice pub with cheap meals.
Train takes 30 minutes to Kings Cross station. & bus depot with direct route to Heathrow.
Quiet street with car parking available at the front of building.
Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 250, top floor, which was at the rear. Bright and sunny.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel is fair for the price - a little dated and in need of repair but overall clean and some nice touches such as the water in the fridge. The receiptionist was lovely and couldn't have been more helpful, she even apologised for the size of the room but couldn't move us as they were fully booked. The room was very quiet considering the hotel was full and the bed, although a bit cramped in teh room, was comfortable.

The only real downside was the taxi that was booked to take us about 2 miles up the road... the guy charged us £8 for a trip that cost us £4 to come back with another firm (and that was after midnight!)... PLUS I left my sunglasses in his cab! All in all an expensive trip to a 'budget' hotel. The excuse mumlbed was about having to pay for coming from the office..... you NEVER have to pay for a taxi to get to you!

My advice therefore is if you stay here and need a taxi - either find one yourself or make sure that they quote a price up front.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back at the end of a corridor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My colleague and I stayed in the Cresent hotel in Harrow as we were in London for a two day course. The course was near Regent's Park and the hotels in the area (which were available) were very expensive and had poor reviews. My colleague suggested we stay out of the city to get a better deal and after checking the reviews online booked us into the Cresent Hotel for one night at £40 excluding breakfast.

The hotel is essentially 3 houses joined together to create a "hotel" and it looks like three houses together and not a hotel. There is no hotel lobby as such. There is free parking for a few cars at the front which is useful. However, to gain access to the hotel you have to ring a bell or know the code to the front door. A man, who I presume is the owner or the manager, let us into the hotel and looked completely fed up. He directed us to the bar/lounge area and told us a girl would come and check us in. We waited for a few minutes and after no-one showed up we pressed the old-fashioned bell on the desk. The gentleman was sitting behind us, mumbled that he he told us the girl to check us in would come shortly and proceeded around the back of the bar to check us in. We were charged the full rate of the room in advance. I have not seen this before. He gave us a slip of paper to fill in our details and just totally didn't seem bothered.

A girl then came to take us to our rooms and we mentioned he must have been having a bad day. She said, he's always like this. That was reassuring. But her attitude was great. Smiling and very friendly. We were shown two rooms which were supposed to be identical. Mine faced onto a roof and my colleagues faced out onto the road. The rooms were both very dated and tired. The place really needs some refurbishment. I had a single bed in my room and a chair was just needed to be thrown in a skip. Both our rooms had a very old and small fridge which contained a complimentary bottle of water. I also had a tiny 14 inch flat screen television in the room. It was obviously installed recently but I would have thought the money would have been better spent replacing the chair and carpet. I had a clock radio next to my bed on which the radio didn't really work. The rooms were ensuite and the bathroom although small was actually quite modern. That was its saving grace.

I have attached some photos of my room and bathroom so you can see for yourself. Overall I was disappointed and I wouldn't stay again. The place needs to be modernised and the owner needs to learn about customer service, smiling and making guests feel welcome.

Room Tip: Not all rooms are the same size. Ask to see the room before accepting it. My colleagues room which f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night, got a room for £40. The lady on reception checked me in quickly and efficiently and asked if I needed anything else. Room was small but clean, not spotless, but for £40 it was good value for money. The bathroom was small, but had a nice shower, enough for 1 night. Safe parking and free Wifi is an added bonus.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

When I reserved the room the owner asked me to pay the entire fare in cash and in advance. On my arrival, I got a different room, the carpet was full of stains, the towels smelly and the chair dirty and worn, the socalled bathroom was smaller than the ones on airplains. I'm cm. 160 and I could hardly fit in the shower.
Everything looked old, dirty and unkept, not to mention the owner.
Just stay away from this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

well stayed in same room 244 as previous review. iwas very disappointed, the hotel is in urgent need of upgrading, the décor, fittings etc all very run down, on plus side its good location and the beds were clean as was the tiny shower.we slept okay,nice and quiet but not somewhere I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight when seeing Robbie at Wembley. The hotel was lovely and easy to find. Free parking was a bonus and Kemel, the hotel owner, was lovely and very friendly. There were 3 of us all girls and we had a lovely family room with 3 single beds, a fridge and dormer window. It was a really hot day and 3 bottles of water were in the fridge which I thought was a lovely touch and very well received after a long car journey. It's an excellent location and about a 10 minute walk from Harrow underground with a short three stop tube journey to Wembley. Anna very kindly gave us a map to the station and a tube map detailing which stops we had to look for. Unfortunately the chef was off sick but a local cafe was recommended for breakfast and this is well worth a visit. For dinner I would recommend the Royal Oak, the food is lush and the landlady also very friendly. Would highly recommend the Crescent Hotel and we will be back soon!!! Thank you

Room Tip: There is a lovely dormer roof in room 244; very quiet room as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kaz1529
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
The Green Man Hotel
The Green Man Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wembley
London-Wembley International Hotel

Been to Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!