“Very good!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best fish restaurant within the M25
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I want to say, the service on the take away is perfect, only thing the have to do is to give fish and chips in one go!
No to wait for chips or for fish!!
The food is wonderful, freshly cooked!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have used the restaurant of this establishment several times with friends and in fairness we have always been served excellent varieties of fish which have been fried to perfection with good quality chips,side orders,coleslaw etc, very acceptable house wines all served by friendly helpful staff. If you have not visited Sea Pebbles before......give it a go!

1  Thank GEKcamberley
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went to Sea Pebbles in Hatch End yesterday evening after work. Ordered Cod and Chips to take away.
When I got home which is not too far, was disappointed as had been given dry over cooked Hadcock and under cooked chips.
This fish and chips shop used to be good, but now it is rubbish. Spend you hard earned money elsewhere!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

After all the stories about how good the food at Sea Pebbles is my wife and I finally went there (with her Grandfather in tow) and we had cod and chips twice and she had saveloys. We had a side order of onion rings and it was all great, nice staff, clean place and the quality of the food you can not fault.

There was only one niggle and it was not the price and some people might think it is a bit ridiculous because that the food is well cooked, very tasty and good quantities but the the tomato ketchup was not Heinz and was a cheep bitter bulk buy Cosco special.

Get proper ketchup in please Sea Pebbles!

The meal would be 100% perfect or next time we will smuggle in our own!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ok, so this review will probably really annoy some of the types of 20 year veterans that eat here every Friday. Thats the opener! But I genuinely felt compelled to write this review after several visits experiencing the same old problems over a few months. The reason for writing this is I was made to feel that the likelihood of these people receiving open, honest feedback that was observed in a positive way is literally non existent.

So I called ahead on a Friday knowing how busy they can become and was told to come in 20 minutes to collect 2 haddock and chips (simple enough heh?). So I left in perfect time to be there in 20 minutes and when I arrived I was greeted by a queue out the door and into the street. No problem, they're the best so they're popular, I'll wait patiently (which in the freezing so called spring weather) was a real killer!

After 15 minutes it wasn't such a patient wait! And speaking to other customers in the queue, it seemed as though everyone that ordered ahead had been given the same pick up time of 20 minutes?? So half an hour passes and I am still standing in the freezing cold on the street and the queue had literally gone nowhere.

There was no explanation, no rhyme nor reason, just a very frustrated queue.

So just killing time, as we got inside, I started to watch the dynamics of the staff and tried to analyse what was causing such a dreadful experience for the customers. The first obvious thing was the guy taking telephone orders needs a lesson in active listening, how to take accurate orders and most importantly how to communicate with his team. Literally every customer in front of me experienced problems with mistaken orders or no orders at all. One guy who had waited 45 minutes to be served had to wait at the counter for 20 more minutes while they cooked his order?!

The second thing which didnt help improve the service flow was the guy in the glasses (possibly the owner) who continually bumped the regulars up the queue and hijacked other people's orders to fulfil his own customer requests. As a consequence his behaviour towards his wife and rudeness was so visible he looked unapproachable and really had a negative impact on the place.

So after waiting an hour to get to the counter (bearing in mind I left the house for 2 haddock and chips 1hour 20 minutes ago) low and behold they had the chips but didnt have the haddock so I had to stand and wait for them to cook it!

It was so painful I wont be going back which is sad as the fish is excellent. It's such a shame that the attitude and dysfunctional team let the place down.

1  Thank KarisLondonUK