“Atypical Beefeater”

Beefeater Travellers Rest
Ranked #169 of 343 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Atypical Beefeater”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for and that's good food, good service and good value. It's not particularly great food but it fills a hole when you're stuck in the hotel next door.

I would have given 3-stars but the service was excellent both at dinner (Thursday 15th May) and at breakfast (Friday 16th May).

Watford, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We went here for a wake after a funeral and I have to say they went all out for us. The food was lovely and hot food was hot. Loads to choose from and they even cooked more sausages just because they children loved them. The drinks were cheap. It was a sunny day so we could sit outside. The staff were very accomodating. Over all a nice place

• Visited April 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent and tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We had been recommended to visit the restaurant by the ultra efficient receptionist Yayo at the Premier inn next door.
We choose a starter to share baked Camembert with garlic drizzle yum yum. We than decided to have the ribeye steaks mine with Chimichurri sauce and hubby had Diane sauce, both came cooked to perfection and piping hot and crispy freshly cooked chips. The meal was fabulous in fact better than Marco Pierre Whites restaurant that we ate in the next day. Well done Beefeater.

Visited April 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
“A very bad let down to a good hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Bad experience for evening meal and breakfast

We went into the restaurant to find it extremely busy. We waited for a few minutes to get a waiters attention to announce ourselves only to be greeted by a hand up to my face and "you'll have to wait I'm busy" - wow!!! Yes, I could see busy but surely there's a way to speak to customers and that isn't it!

When he deemed himself ready (with no apology) we gave our reservation to be told that our details could not be found but he would find us a table

We waited a while browsing the menu and asked for a drinks menu to be told that we could have one but to ignore the prices as they hadn't been updated due to the budget!!! Never heard that one before!

Eventually our designated server arrived and took our drinks order, we said we were also ready to order food but he said we would have to wait ...

Another 5 minutes and he came back for our food order ...

10 minutes laters I was chasing our drinks ...

Admittedly the poor guy was running round like a headless chicken but it really wasn't good

Ok - our food arrived and to give it some credit, it was pretty good. Was plentiful and very tasty so good marks for that

So onto breakfast ..... oh my!

There are signs everywhere "we are proud to serve costa coffee" ... hhmm, well I've never been into a costa to be served coffee out of a flask!!! It most certainly was not costa! Staff also had to keep being asked to replenish the drinks and on one occasion it seemed a real effort for them to do so

When I went to get my breakfast the eggs were frying in the pan but nobody was actually cooking them, one Man went round the back and starting doing them himself!!

The staff in general just either couldn't cope or couldn't be bothered! I really can't make my mind up! Sitting there watching around, tab,sew ere left dirty for ages, people were constantly asking them to replenish things when they should have been on top of it all - it really wasn't good

I've been to a few premier inns now and this restaurant is by far the worst and let's the chain down badly

I certainly will not be using it again next time I am in London

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Mixed Grill Is Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

A fairly standard Beefeater affair, nice staff, lovely open plan restaurant with lots of seating indoor and out. Some more dedicated clearing of tables wouldn't go amiss, as you end up shifting used plates and glasses to adjacent tables yourself. But the mixed grill is an absolute delight and well worth the £10 odd it costs. Been a few of times and will go back.

• Visited October 2013