Tripadvisor

Ranked #12 of 403 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: French, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: From our lovely Hare that greets you on the sign outside to our friendly & knowledgeable staff we offer a warm welcome to our pub. We have a spacious bar serving real ales and hearty bar food as well as an 80-seat brasserie serving the best of seasonal English food with a French twist. The wine list is a carefully selected journey through the best of the new World, along with some great French wines. Our gorgeous garden is the perfect spot to while away a few hours in the summer sun. Good food, real ale, friendly staff in a fresh and welcoming space: we have everything you would want in a favourite local.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read the reviews and came here after looking at the menu online,
It didn't disappoint, food came very quickly, it was delicious, service was very friendly and I wasn't rushed out once I was finished. I stay at a hotel nearby when I work around here, (wish I had come here last night rather than eating at the Best Western)
I'll be back to the Hare when I'm here next. There's enough variance on the menu for me not to repeat myself for a long time.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (854)

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We spent New Year's eve with some friends and had a really enjoyable evening. The food, atmosphere and band, who were in residence that evening, were good. Everybody was having a good time and it was very friendly. Even though the place was packed the food was on time and tasty. This is the 3rd New Year's eve we have spent here and have always found it to be a convivial place to see the New Year in.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2020

Since the refurb a year or so ago we have been meaning to visit as we live nearby, but never found the time to go into today. I wish I had made more of an effort as it was superb! For me service is everything and a friendly lady greeted us as soon as we were in the door. The waiter was friendly courteous and efficient. The food was exceptional. Truthfully I expected it to be slightly above average, but it was quite a few notches up from that. My wife went for the grilled cauliflower and truffle cream which was beautifully presented and was as tasty as it looked. The prices were also really good. Meal for two (one with lunchtime menu) with one alcoholic drink was just under £45 with service. I will certainly be going again.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Some items on the menu could not be served as suppliers had not caught up since Christmas, but the alternatives were very acceptable.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2020

very good choice of dishes attractively presented, very tasty and good quality.
Our waitress was very efficient charming and attentive.
it has a well stocked bar and I find all the staff excellent to deal with.

As regards to disability wheelchair access, re toilet, they are still lacking in appreciating what we have to go through.

I worked with the previous owners on making sure they had a disabled toilet and for the last year I have been telling the Hare what else they need to do to make it safe and properly usable.

Now They have a baby changing platform that was down when I went in and it took the staff quite a few minutes to try and get it to close, so again I have to announce I'm going to the toilet for the staff to let me use it.

It had a large bin for nappies in the way of the wheelchair so I had to move that with my wheelchair.

The hand dryer is still on the wrong side of the toilet so after washing my hands all the water from my hands were dripping onto the electric controls and unbelievably.

If you were in a manual wheelchair your hands would mostly get dirty if you using the rubber tyres or difficult to move if you're using the metal rim because of the wet hands.

they still have not put on a horizontal bar for the toilet door so when I reversed into the toilet I couldn't close the door, yet again I a had to shout to the bar staff to shut the door for me.

don't they know how frustrating and annoying and humiliating it is to draw attention that you are going to the loo, it's about time some of these companies got in a wheelchair and tried their facilities to see how ridiculous most of them are.