“Great stay”

Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Harrow
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had my wedding meal here in the drawing room, as i had a small amount of guests. Food was outstanding, the best hotel food i have ever had. Also stayed in Gilbert and mikado suite for two nights with my husband. We recommend them highly. Even the gardens and grounds are so impressive, we had our wedding photographs there they turned out lovely. Such a great weekend to remember. Me and my husband now made a promise to pass every anniversary at the hotel as our wedding was such a beautiful experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Reviewed January 5, 2014

No Ordinary Review!

I stayed in the GDH for four nights on business during the final week of October into November. On the last night I was woken at 1.30AM by what I think were two member of staff entering my room. Realising I was in bed, they retreated with an abrupt 'sorry' and my request whether anything was wrong and for them to identify themselves ignored. Not knowing what was happening I decided to leave complaining until the following day once day staff and the manager were on duty. I was unable to get back to sleep until 3.30 AM and get up and leave for work at 6AM.

I went to work tired and distressed by the incident. At 9.30 I contacted the hotel and asked to speak to the manager: Sadly my story is too detailed for the review on Trip Advisor.

Briefly the outcome of my complaint ( over a three week period) my contact with the general manager of the GDH, the American HQ customer services department of Best Western Hotels and the Director of the organisation (UK based in the North) who owns the GDH, a dismissive apology and disregard for the distress I experienced was the offer (at my suggestion of a minimum of the £83.00 paid for the night) of a twenty five pound refund or a 50 % discount off a suite and breakfast for two. I explained that my business in the area was finished and I did not need to stay in the area again; I did attempt to explain that they had broken the contractual agreement and both offers were an insult: I wonder what would have happened if I left without paying, breaking my contract with them??????

I was never given any explanation as to why staff would enter a room at 1.30AM......
My Advice to anyone considering staying here, think TWICE Will you have the same experience?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Susan W
Eastcote, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We chose the Grimsdyke for our wedding breakfast and party last spring and have some wonderful memories. The house is full of character with wonderful gardens for photos and the bedrooms were beautiful.

We still have comments from our guests about the fantastic food, venue and after party.
A big thankyou to the staff who were very helpful at all stages and going out of their way to accommodate our menu preferences with the tasting sessions.

Looking forward to returning for anniversaries.
Louise and David

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I came here to celebrate my friend's civil partnership with his boyfriend and the place was amazing...and this was during winter! I can imagine what its like during summer! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. It has an eerie feeling of being a lord's house during the Elizabethan age. The room I stayed in was quite small but was adequate. It was clean and had all the amenities.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the past 20 years but felt that the magic was slipping. However at the 90th. birthday party that we attended last night our faith was restored. Great service, excellent food and the hotel beautifully decorated for Christmas. The garden lodge has been superbly upgraded. Our only small concern is that on the long driveway there are speed humps and in the dark, they cannot be seen so we had some unpleasant bumpiness. Perhaps some white paint or illuminated signage please?

Room Tip: Never slam a revolving door! That's a good tip! However, room 115 is very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gordon A
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We only stayed one night and didn't have much chance to look round the wonderful grounds, but we found the accommodation very peaceful and comfortable. We were glad to be staying in the annex as there was a wedding in the main hotel. Despite the excellent television, we somehow couldn't find Radio 4, but that may have been down to us. We stayed in a twin room, in very comfortable adjacent beds.

Breakfast was OK, though we didn't get enough tea or coffee. My teapot was too small and my husband only got one cup of coffee. We could have asked for more, but needed to get off as we were visitng relatives nearby. My husband enjoyed his full vegetarian breakfast, but my mushrooms on toast weren't very exciting.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrow
Premier Inn London Harrow Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ruislip
Crescent Hotel
Crescent Hotel
#5 of 8 in Harrow

Been to Best Western Plus Grim's Dyke Hotel? Share your experiences!