“china china”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal China

Royal China
Ranked #126 of 342 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“china china”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

food is tasty,
choice is great and speed of service fantastic.
service variable,i had a surly waitress that was in a great hurry to take orders without being attentive or really listening to us.
when my partner asked for more nibbles to eat while waiting for food he was told he needs to finish what he had first before she would give him more....hows that for great service?
I nearly died laughing......to amused to complain.
i have been there many times and will probably visit again and again....unless food changes or someones rudeness exceeds my hunger pains.
i still think the off if nice and worth trying i think the place is comfortable and nice/easy on the eye.

• Visited September 2012

London
“Babies not welcome - Shocking behaviour towards 10 month old”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Absolutely shocking behaviour towards babies, to the point that the staff physically snatch things from them.

We were a table of 3 adults and 3 babies (all 10 months) for dim sum on a Monday at 12:30pm. As soon as we walked through the door, the manager Wing and his staff rolled his eyes and sighed, whilst looking around in the empty restaurant (the restaurant opens at 12pm) for a table. After much sighing, we were placed at a large table and the menus were put on the table. My son immediately grabbed one to look at, which at this point Wing the manager came flying towards the table and grabbed it off him, whilst telling me "Don't let him have that" and walked off. I could not believe it! My friends and I just looked at each other gobsmacked. If I was with my husband we would have just walked out but as this was suppose to be a special occasion in introducing dim sum to my friends, I didn't say anything. The food was lovely and the prices were fine. However the staff's attitudes towards us was horrendous, even when I asked for the bill all I got was a grumble. You would have thought with a service charge of 13% that they would actually provide a service. Yes the babies ended up making a mess, with lots of crumbs every where and wipes used, but why have baby changing facilities and highchairs when the restaurant clearly does not welcome families with young children.

I have never in my entire 25 years of eating out have I witnessed a member of staff at a restaurant snatch something away from a child. If he wasn't happy with me giving the menu for my son to look at he could have politely asked me to take it away, but even then, they would have been the first restaurant I have visited that didn't allow children to handle the menu.

It is such a shame as I use to go there every other week and we have been countless times with just me, my husband and my son but I would never have thought they didn't welcome tables of more than 1 baby at a time. Due to this episode, I will not be going here again.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank JazzGizmo123
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good food and friendly staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

the dim sums are quite authentic and pretty much what you would get in Singapore/Malaysia. We ordered the drinks first, but they missed it and we had to re-order after the starters arrived. A good place for family lunches/dinners and it is better to make reservations cos the place gets quite crowded during the peak hours.

• Visited June 2012
Chester
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Great food and a resonable price easy to get to and very freindly staff

Visited April 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

One of the best Chinese restaurant in London, it is really authentic restaurant and good location with very good service. the food is highlight.

Visited November 2011