“Posh nosh, glad someone else was paying”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Incanto Restaurant

Incanto Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 342 Restaurants in Harrow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Incanto is a modern Italian restaurant. The restaurant is a bright and airy, dominated by a large skylight, and puts together old and new eye-catching features such as exposed wooden beams, comfortable cream banquettes and a 100-year old crystal chandelier. Our dining areas can seat up to 64, part of which is a private gallery on a mezzanine level for up to 30 diners and therefore adaptable for large and small celebrations. Incanto Restaurant was awarded its second AA Rosette for culinary excellence in November 2010. Feedback from the inspector delivered praise for the use of innovative ingredients, depth of flavours, creative presentation and excellent value for money. We are also listed in the Michelin and Good Food Guides.
London, United Kingdom
“Posh nosh, glad someone else was paying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Lunched with colleagues and potential business partners; their treat. Steep climb from the college where I work, but worth it. Had the set lunch which at £17.95 for 2 courses is perhaps pushing it a bit. Starter of Baby Octopus, Nduja Sausage, Sardinia Fregola Pasta, Tomato Caponata wasn't quite as remarkable as it sounds and very over-salted. Edible thoug., Prior to this an amuse bouche on the house which was a tasty teaspoon of not very much. Oddly then the bread and olive oil served (would have preferred before starter), liked the miniature warm "loaves" the size of a thimble. Main of Corn Fed Chicken Breast, Wild Garlic, Sundried Tomato Gnocchi and Olive Tapenade also included some wilted spinach and was extremely tasty and not too filling. Gave up at that point but colleagues had Exotic Nature: Pomegranate Sphere, Pineapple Compote, Coconut Espuma and Passion Fruit Sorbet which seemed to be doing the trick and was beautifully presented. My advice: get someone else to pay and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012

London
“Enchanted by Incanto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Absolutely delightful restaurant discreetly tucked away behind deli.

Lovely selection of home baked breads with dipping olive oil.

The food was beautifully served on flat square/rectangular plates which had echoes of a work of art on a canvas.

Exquisite dishes such as monkfish in speck served with a squid salad, and Welsh lamb, were absolutely delicious. The portions did not appear to be particularly large but were filling.

Fabulous restaurant for a family occasion. Atmosphere and service superb.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Enchantment on the Hill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

No overloaded plates or overcooked vegetables here. This is a restaurant for an occasion with interesting flavours and unusual dishes. You think the portions are too small until you get to the end. Worthy wine list. Not inexpensive but worth it. The proprietor is almost always present which tells it all. Definitely worth a visit. There is a deli cafe too with excellent espresso and a coupe of outside tables. Great view from the front but not once you are inside.

• Visited April 2012
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Only 3 miles from where we live but despite recommendations in the past this was our first visit .
Our 29th wedding anniversary meant we splashed out a bit , three courses plus wine .Despite this the bill wasn't as much as feared and i have to say the soufflé was well worth the £8.50 .
VERY attentive service and a great atmosphere , we will be back soon

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank 7777markw
London
“Always a treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I feel a bit embarrassed. This was our fifth (or sixth) visit to Incanto and every visit has been a triumph. Why I haven’t posted a review for our previous visits? I have no idea. I hope this review makes amends.

Incanto is situated atop the picturesque hill, across the road from the former King’s Head Hotel, (a really sad loss). I’m not a big fan of Harrow itself but the hill is a different kettle of fish, with the charming and ancient St. Mary’s church and lots of Victorian gothic masterpieces to attract the eye, on the walk from the station.

As usual on this visit, the welcome was enthusiastic, (always nice to be remembered), and the very epitome of warm professionalism. The room is bright and airy, laid out to make excellent use of the (limited) space. We made our food choices, whilst sipping an excellent pre-prandial cocktail.

To start, we chose the mixed platter of Italian cured meats for two, with a basket of breads. All of the ingredients were delicious but special mention must be given to the absolutely stupendous pastry “pillows”. I haven’t a clue what these delicious things are called, but they are outstanding! If you can imagine two sheets of thin pastry, deep fried so that the air trapped between expands and puffs then up into small pillow shapes, then dusted with some grated cheese. Describing how they taste is more difficult. They’re deep fried, so why aren’t they greasy? Why is the taste of the cooking medium so subtle and subdued? They are an utter triumph and worth a visit to taste those alone!

For the main courses, my wife had the rump of lamb, where beautifully presented and cooked Welsh lamb was accompanied by lamb “cannelloni”, beetroot tart and artichoke – masterful. I plumped for the vegetarian option, a beetroot risotto and as I adore beetroot, this did not disappoint. Risotto rice cooked to perfection, (al dente, not porridge), topped with beautifully cooked goat’s cheese croquettes – again, delicious.

We finished with a rhubarb tart and a blood orange pannacotta, which were also both very good although I have to say, (sorry), I thought the pannacotta had too much gelatine and not enough orange flavour. Also the pastry on the rhubard tart was perfection itself but somehow, the robust flavour of the rhubarb was lost. Please note, I’m not saying that the desserts were bad, far from it but if the meal had a weak spot, the desserts were it.

To accompany the desserts we had two glasses of delicious Tokaji and to go with the meal, a bottle of Lucente from Montalicino - outstanding. For those such as my wife and I who have a mild interest in wine, the list is quite excellent. There is a good range, which reflects the care and thought of the proprietors. Expert help is on hand, for those who are nervous about wine list’s and I have never encountered a scrap of wine “snobbery”.

Last week, (my birthday), we trekked into London for a meal at the restaurant of a well known Italian, “celebrity chef”. My admiration for this man is boundless but if I had to choose where to spend my next birthday, Incanto would get “the nod” over the more famous (and expensive) celebrity chef.

• Visited February 2012