“Avoid it”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Greenford
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Old rooms crying out for a refurb. Very noisy. Bathroom had hole where light should have been, soap tray stuck up with Sellotape and the smell from the sink horrendous !!
Only stayed as work use as local hotel
Do NOT spend your money here

Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for The Bridge Hotel

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here recently for a party that was held in one of the function rooms on the ground floor. I would say that it was good for what we needed it for, although nothing special. The staff were pleasant and polite, especially on Reception (although check out time is 11am, and as we were walking out the door, at 11am on the dot the in-room telephone rang to ensure we were on our way out - NOT very friendly or homely I would say. I work in a hotel and there is always a 5 or 10 minute gap after check out time until we call the room.) £62 room only (no breakfast) was a bit of a disappointment, but we stopped at McDonalds on the way back so my appetite was saved. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BD070
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work and it was the 3rd hotel we stayed in. The staff were amazing and very polite especially the breakfast ones. There was a gentlemen who seemed to be on his first day of work who was lovely and couldn't do enough to help.
Food was delicious. The only downside were the rooms. They were clean but looking very rundown. Obviously I don't know if it has improved since my stay but I hope so. Unfortunately I also had a loud neighbour in the room next door and I could hear his snoring all night.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jones_v
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Started by meeting lots of X Factor goers! Excellent Service throughout the Hotel, excellent atmosphere, Look forward to my next time at The Bridge Hotel. A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mR S
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am struggling as to where to start. From the location (adjacent to a major roundabout and directly beneath/adjacent to a motorway flyover and virtually sitting on the A40), to the front door needing painted...les get inside then.

Receptionist - friendly enough. Room keys taken and I enter the room. View? Rear end of a Renault Clio. Road noise. Slightly musty smell. Looked around room - quite clean but not totally clean - mould, dust.

Here's where it gets interesting. There is a door opposite my bed. I open it as I need the iron for my shirt the following day. It is not actually a door or cupboard but once opened it reveals the opposite side of a door which would lead to the adjacent room. That other door is locked. More on this later.

I hang up my items, locate the ironing board and iron my shirt. Hang it up. Place toiletries near the wash hand basin. So far, not too bad. I leave the room to go to dinner.

I order a chicken nachos starter, not cheap at £6.00. Not edible. Nachos covered in guacamole rather than being at the side. Chicken strips (4) rock solid and so tough that I had to spit the first one out and leave the rest. My drink then arrives. A pint of flat Stella. At this stage I am aware of being the only one of two people in the restaurant. The other guy has not eaten his main course. He has played with it and ignored it. He then signals to the waiter to arrange to pay the bill. The waiter asks if everything was "ok with your email". The man replies "no, it was disgusting and I won't be paying for it".

My main course arrives. Baked cod. Bright pink mess with salad. Utterly indelible. I signal to the waiter that I cannot eat it. As I don't eat red meat, there is virtually nothing else on the menu apart from roast chicken and I have already tried their chicken. As my meal was not to my liking, I told the waiter, categorically, "the food is not good in here". One of my colleagues calls my mobile. I start to tell him where I am. He replies "DO NOT EAT IN THAT PLACE!!!".

Being tired, I go to bed. I had started at 5am in Glasgow and this was now 8pm. I went to the bedroom and ate the biscuits and drank some tea. Watched television. Started to drift off. Suddenly a door bangs. A person in the adjacent room is on a mobile telephone. Her head is literally adjacent to the door which I referred to earlier, because her bed is backing onto the wall where the 2 doors are located. She continues to be on the phone for what seems like an hour. I eventually drift off to sleep.

Breakfast. Terrible. I eat toast and drink tea, then leave, but not before telling the receptionist that the room was poor and the food shocking.

Don't stay in this place. DO NOT EAT IN THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was shocked to see the previous review relating to the front of house at the bridge. I have used the Bridge Hotel on many occasion mostly to conduct meeting with my staff who have to travel from around the UK. With customer service being a priority for my team and I, the front of house staff have always been truly professional and have gone beyond the call of duty. On the day in question the Bridge was indeed full and having been in the lounge area no rudeness was displayed to any guest by any member of the Bridge Staff.
I would have no hesitate in recommending the front of office staff for any Customer Service Role as they tick all of the correct boxes.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Me and my partner have used this hotel in the past a few times in the past, as it is at a convenient place for us.
Unfortunately our last visit is where we were booked for the 7th Dec. 2013 where we booked online. To our great disappointment when we arrived to check in as we normally do, we asked to extend our check out time ..... Well we had done this in all honestly normally the following morning !
The receptionist an elderly lady with blonde hair and glasses made us aware that we could extend from 11am until 1pm for £20 extra. Which was fine as we had asked for this, the problems started when i raised the fact that we had never previously been told or either charged for this service. The dear lady with an attitude started going on that this should have not been the case and that she would have to look into the fact why and who didn't charge us. To add insult to injury the receptionist that we now believe to be a lady named Karen , gave a dirty smirk at us, by now my partner was upset to receive such a unprofessional gesture from an establishment where we have spent a great deal of cash both in the hotel and the restaurant & bar. As things started to heat up a manager by the name of George we believe came on the scene, now what a difference in attitude . He was a professional with some compassion for the hotel ! We were almost convinced by now to stay on, when the rude lady now started to basically laugh in my face saying that we should review the CCTV, to which i agreed and wanted to be viewed there at that present time, she then just threw her pen and shaken her head..... That was it for me...... Now another manager turned up to hear the story.... She was a Scottish lady..... To our disgust she took side with the lady so i calmly said if the lady who started the commotions were a man i would loved her to have been a man, through my dis-pear i would have pulled her over the counter, the rude arrogant person. She is a very poor ambassador in my opinion and has lost our custom, and our friends !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sav k
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenford
Premier Inn London Greenford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Southall
Ibis London Wembley
Ibis London Wembley
#6 of 12 in Wembley

Been to The Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!