“Sorry- A disappointment :-(”
Review of Cafe Taj

Cafe Taj
Ranked #17 of 126 Restaurants in Gravesend
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Been meaning to go back there for ages after visiting once and not really liking. You can't really judge a place after one visit can you?
Well, we went last night. I was quite excited, as I know they boast about the quality of the food a lot on their website and leaflets.
We were shown to our table.. And given menus really promptly. The restaurant itself is really pleasant, Drinks were served fast too, but I'm afraid that's all I can praise them for.
It took an absolute AGE for our order to be taken (by the most miserable waiter EVER!) when the food finally arrived it was of average quality. Not terrible but not great by any means. We ordered from the "specials" list. But I honestly think I could have cooked what I ate myself with little effort. Our tummies haven't been great thismorning either:-( That isn't what we look for when we go out to eat at all. Sorry cafe taj, we have tried you twice now. There won't be a third time.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Taj

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We have been to this restaurant on many occasions , we love the food, and the service, it's by far the best Indian in gravesend, the staff are friendly, nothing is too much trouble, and it's reasonably priced, you need to have a visit to appreciate this restaurant, they also do a take away service. This place is second to none.

1  Thank Janet G
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Spacious with a good atmosphere and excellent service. Modern and delicious indian food good for intimate evening or family outing.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We turned up on a Saturday night without a reservation. We got a table immediately. The restaurant was busy and the atmosphere was great. The manager/owner took our orders and food was very timely. Taste was great and quantity was just right too. One of the best Currys I have had. When finished the owner/manager came out to shake our hands and say goodbye even though he was clearly busy and a waiter helped my financee with her jacket. Couldn't have had a better experience. It's not the cheapest but certainly the best value for money. Expect to pay around £20 a head if just having main and couple of drinks.

1  Thank Richmoore86
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went to Cafe Taj with my boyfriend on Saturday night, I rang at around 7.20pm to see if they had any tables free for that night and was told that we could book for 9pm so I'd advise booking in advance for a weekend. We ordered from the buffet menu which had almost as much choice as the regular menu anyway, for £15.99 you can order as much as you like. The food was perfect - hot, tasty, good sized portions and service was also excellent. I would definitely reccomend this restaurant and will be visiting again very soon!