“Takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peking Restaurant

Peking Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 118 Restaurants in Gravesend
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Takeaway”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We ordered a takeaway from the Peking Restaurant on New Years Eve. I arranged to collect it and it was all packed and ready wine I arrived. The proprietor was efficient and helpful and served me straight away. We recieved a complimentary bottle of wine with our takeaway. Our meal was of very generous portions hot and very tasty. It was very reasonably priced. Whilst collecting my meal I noticed that the restaurant was nicely decorated, clean and quite busy. A sit down meal is on the cards in the new year

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Joe G

“Very good food”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The food is always amazing, we're friends with the owners and we come on every special occasion. They're always accommodating and friendly, and the food never fails to impress me, and I never leave unsatisfied. I would recommend this place to everyone who enjoys good Chinese food. The entrance and stairwell are not overly impressive but the restaurant itself is lovely and decked out in Chinese decorations, it has a wonderful atmospher, so do not be put off! You will not be disappointed if you come here.

• Visited January 2014
London UK
“very good Chinese in traditional style”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Went here for only the second time to meet up with visiting relatives on a November Saturday evening. The restaurant was more or less full with a good atmosphere. There were 5 people on our table and we had one of the set dinners,which I thought was excellent value for money and provided plenty of variety and was more than enough for even the greediest amongst us! Liked the decor - traditional red plush sort of thing with the hanging lanterns but not too tacky at all - and the tables were reasonably spaced and the service was good, friendly and attentive but not overly obtrusive. We had both red and white wine and I thought both were very drinkable and reasonably priced, followed by liquers and brandy, all very well presented. Over the years I must have eaten in hundreds of Chinese restaurants around the country but this was definitely one of the better ones - a real find in Gravesend. But it is on the first and second floors with no lift so anyone with real mobility problems would have a problemo.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank LindaL.-7
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Traditional Chinese and superb value for money”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Been to The Peking many times over the years - specially at Christmas (you HAVE to try the 16 course Xmas Banquet!!)
Food has always been excellent, as has the service which is attentive yet unobtrusive.
The set meals are among the best, and most generous, you can find in a Chinese restaurant.
The only down side I have ever found with the Peking is the climb up the stairs to get to it, but it's worth the racing heartbeat!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shane W
Canterbury
“dodgy”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went to this restaurant for special occasion with family and were totally ripped off with a magnum of champagne which turned out to be fake! Tasted like pomagne, slightly sparkling apple juice. Others on another table also agreed. Restaurant also had too much air conditioning on low ceiling, therefore cold neck. Shame as the food was good. Restaurant area is upstairs and looked dirty including very dirty stair well.

Definitely not going back!

• Visited August 2013