“Highly recommended”

Il Padrino
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Gravesend
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tradition Italian Restaurant Serving only Fresh food, Our Pizzas Are made in our Famous Wood Burning Oven The traditional Way. We Serve Pizza, Pasta, Meats & Fish, Home Made Desserts, Children Menu. Our Lunch Time Menu is £6.50 Includes A Main & Drink.
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We visited this restaurant for our wedding anniversary and we wasn't disappointed. We were shown to our table, given the food and drinks menu; and just one look at the food menu and my mouth was watering! The service was excellent, reasonably priced great food; we'll definitely be going back.

1 Thank TheGriffins3

gravesend
“Over priced”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Tried this restaurant on a Saturday night it was very busy but they managed to sort us a table after ten minutes but we had to wait outside the decor is very nice inside waiter came to take drinks order but we had not even been given wine menu the menu was very sparse but I ordered a scallop and prawn ravioli and my partner ordered seafood pizza it took ages for food to arrive when mine came just four pieces of ravioli in a cream and wine sauce nothing to accompany it for £14 .00 partners pizza came with one pickled mussel one prawn and one piece of octopus very dry pizza the cost of bill for this meal 2 beers one small house white and one water nearly £50 did tell the waiter wasn't happy and he offered to get more seafood for pizza bit silly really

Cardiff
“A warm & friendly welcome, followed by the best pizza I've had in a long while!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Having seen the TV Programme ' The Restaurant Man' I had to go see Tony & Megan with their new venture, even though they are 189 miles away from my home.

I had a feeling it would be a good experience, because Tony was committed to 'Doing it his way' and he was passionate to create an Italian restaurant with real Italian atmosphere.

He & Megan have achieved their goal. The 3 hours I paid for parking was not long enough, as we were enjoying ourselves so much, we didn't want to leave!

Never have I enjoyed a Pizza so much, it must have been because of the wood burning pizza oven! It just had a better flavour and texture to any other pizza that I have eaten.

Well done - we will be back!

3 Thank John T
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
“Best Italian Restaurant in Gravesend.”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were greeted as soon as we entered and were made to feel welcome. The restaurant has been decorated to a high standard and the interior offers light and comfortable surroundings, with Italian music playing in the background to a comfortable level. The menu list, although smaller than some, was comprehensive with traditional Italian dishes and offered many tempting options.
I chose the Antipasta, which included a selection of Prosciutto Italian ham, salami and typical Italian cheese, all to a very high quality. I followed this with the mustard chicken breast, which included fries and a small salad, which was both tender and very tasty, and I intend to have it again once I have tried some of the other tempting menu options in the future.
My Wife started with the Pizza bread and followed with the giant Tortellini filled with Asparagus & Ricotta, both of which she enjoyed immensely.
We were also accompanied by our nephew who ordered a traditional thin crust Italian base pizza with a selection of meat and cheese coverings which he dived into with gusto. He was very complementary about the quality of the Pizza and I believe it has opened his eyes to how an Italian Pizza should taste compared to high street offerings.
In conclusion I would recommend Il Padrino to anyone who wants to spend a relaxing evening in a welcoming atmosphere trying reasonably priced Italian food in the company of friends & family. I shall certainly be returning as soon as I possibly can.

2 Thank Carole G
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“FANTASTICO”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Had a great meal with great company, it was nice to sit outside so late in Gravesend having a meal (never thought i would ever say that), the staff are very helpful and nice, food was great, we will be back

2 Thank johngaymer