“Lovely Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Been to this Curry house 3 or 4 times now and its been perfect every time. Decor is modern, service can be on the slow side , but what Indian isn't? Good atmosphere , good price , most curries are between £6-£8 , Garlic chilli chicken lovely as was the lamb Dupiaza. They also do free delivery aswell.

1  Thank leeroy80london
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have tried most of the indian restaurants in Gravesend and I have now settled on this one as my regular. The curries are not only very good but they are *always* very good, unlike some other places I have been in Gravesend. The prices are reasonable and the take away is a similarly great quality also. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and a lovely place for an evening out.

1  Thank Emma C
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Thank you for your comment and supporting us from many years .
hope see you again .

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We are not short of a few places to eat out in Gravesend but it takes some courage to open a new restaurant right in the middle of two of the best in town. This makes a statement to me that was one of the main reasons I first visited this place. I was not disappointed. The food is excellent, the restaurant is well fitted out and the staff were great. Quite possibly the best Indian Restaurant in Gravesend.

1  Thank English B
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Thank you for your comment and supporting us from many years .
hope see you again .

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've eaten in all the Indian restaurants in gravesend but this was the first time I'd taken my daughter out for an Indian meal so wanted to take her somewhere that I totally trust to deliver consistent quality. The shapla's Chicken Tikka Razzala is the best I've eaten anywhere, it is so full of a depth if flavour, perfect for a young diner. Everything was wonderful, I was driving so only had a glass of the house White Sauvignon which was very very drinkable and deliciously cold. The staff are always attentive, I read a review of poor service on valentines day which surprised me as I also ate there on the night and found the relaxed but attentive service for a long leisurely romantic night out spot on. I've been to some restaurants that can't wait to get you out but the Shapla is so friendly you want to stay a while longer.

2  Thank Amanda S
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Thank you for your review .

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

What more can I say; this restaurant was faultless. We found that the food, service, value and attention to detail far exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend this restaurant. We'll certainly be back for seconds soon!

2  Thank SLBARNESY
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Thank you for your review .